Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i saw that. felt bad for the "rookie" fisherman with him. at least he got his entry fee back.

could they test the lish with a metal detector?

·
What the what???
12,714 Posts
Could be worse...he could have put a small motor inside the fish. :)

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
this is golden. my cousin gives me grief about cheaters in cycling. he's a fisherman.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Andrea138 said:
Poor fishies :(
Seriously. That's all I could think when I read the details of how the sinker worked.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
There was some jerk who did that when I was a kid and took a biggest fish prize from me on a party boat. I was just a kid and my dad was pretty sure that's what the guy did. I htink the guy's name was Flatbar.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I can't believe they don't check fish with metal detectors in tournaments. That's got to be a very old (and easy) trick to pull.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
The guy who took the biggest striped bass in the Vineyard Derby a couple of years ago lost out when an autopsy revealed that the fish's stomach held a couple of pounds of lead weights. Fisherman claimed that the fish must have just broken off after swallowing yo-yo'd pogies in the past (possible, but...).

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
FishrCutB8 said:
There was some jerk who did that when I was a kid and took a biggest fish prize from me on a party boat. I was just a kid and my dad was pretty sure that's what the guy did. I htink the guy's name was Flatbar.
Jeez guys we have been doing this on party boats since I was kid of 12 (Circa 1973) fishing the party boats of SoCal! The dead heads on the boat always win the JP and give it to the crew. That's why they let us ride for free.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,793 Posts
JP said:
Hey there's a forum for doping! Coolhand is gonna move this.

Good day, Sir! ;-)
If Coolio moves this, that would be teh laffer.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
The whole concept of professional bass fishing is beyond me. But I'll say it's at least more respectable than competitive eating. Or at least it was until this scandal.

·
Kilt wearing, old man
1,662 Posts
Marc said:
If Coolio moves this, that would be teh laffer.
Forget Coolio young one. I just used The Force, and moved this thread back up the page. :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts