Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
Can you really blame him? Half of the jacked-up Brodozers belching smoke onto me are packin'.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Shooting at a hillside in a residential neighborhood while riding! Yes I can blame him no matter how bad his day was.

I imagine that most of the riders on this forum who carry will agree that this is not acceptable.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Perhaps he can join the 2nd Amendment cycling club... where their motto is "Honk, if you want to be shot"

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Shooting at a hillside in a residential neighborhood while riding! Yes I can blame him no matter how bad his day was.

I imagine that most of the riders on this forum who carry will agree that this is not acceptable.
Agree. It was pretty ballsy of the neighborhood person to confront him knowing he had a gun and was a bit unhinged

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts

Pretty much. Dumb move on his part.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
So....?

So dude is just JRA... packing a gun... pulls over to the side of the road for, ... whatever... and pulls out the gun and starts shooting it?

Just stops riding and starts shooting a gun into a hill?

Another dude comes out of his house, asks what the **** bike dude is doing shooting guns into hills next to his house and has the guy arrested?

There's plenty I'm missing from this story for sure.

Oh and bike dude loses his job/career position because of this?

Okay, just decided to click the link... hate doing that.

So he was riding and shooting randomly into hills while riding? Oh man. And he got chased down and stopped.

So he really is a complete piece of **** who should never be able to own or handle a gun. Got it.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
not to defend his actions, what he did was just stupid. But a lot of the people around this area don't like cyclists and there have been many incidents of cyclists getting buzzed and get things thrown at them. An ahole driver in this area once waived at me with a handgun! I seriously thought I would be get shot at that day. Something about this area

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
If he has a permit or whatever... this is Murica, he can carry if he's allowed to.

I don't think anyone could, should or even can debate that. There are plenty of laws, permits and licenses for this sort of thing. That aside...

He started firing a gun while riding his bike to blow of some steam. Same thing as just walking down the road or driving down the road and just shooting out of your window or just shooting that hill right there next to you. Why? Because. Angst. Rawr. Life is so hard, I'm so mad, I'm entitled to more...

This guy has a long standing reputation as a risk taker. He's that Strava guy that just hasn't died yet. Or if you ask him, he's the best descender in the world, just hasn't been able to show it off yet.

I think it's pretty clear he has ego issues. I prescribe a trip to the amazon for him, two weeks, lots of ayahuasca.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
What a dipshit. I've got no problem with concealed carry or shooting in appropriate areas, which this wasn't.

·
Banned
748 Posts
If get the titanium model,, can I still be par of the weenie's???
This guy sounds like a real Putz,, obviously is not responsible and should not have a firearm!!!!! (Ever)

·
Registered
921 Posts
If CCW was allowed in my country ( italy) we would have some serious carnages. I mean,that mass shooting stuff you see happening in the US every once in a while would be like Disneyland. Problem is we may end up with 10.000 times the number of idiots like this guy.

·
Cooper1960
526 Posts
Idiot who makes us all look bad, and by "us" I mean cyclist and responsible gun carriers alike. He absolutely should have been arrested or at the very least cited, and if he committed his stupid act while being "on the clock" professionally he should lose his job.
He should also lose his carry license, exactly the kind of hot headed a-hole we don't want armed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.