Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All-

I Like looking at the twitterings of pro cyclists....

Who are you following/ who do you know of that twitters....

So far I have:
Lance Armstrong
Robbie Mcewen
Ivan Basso

who else?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Levi
Dave Z
George H
Johan
Run your mouse over the following section. You'll find many like that

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
don't get snookered... you think these pros, and all the other celbs twittering, are really doing it themselves? or their publicists/assistants?

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
I think most of them are probably doing it themselves. Some may be publicists but I think most are genuine. More of a problem, and more likely, are fakes pretending to be celebrities.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks...ill try not to get snoockered...but even if it was the publicist...what is there to gain?

I am going to be watching Robbie regardless if he cant put down Cavendish in a sprint...idk...thanks for the online tip...but maybe it is your publicist writing your post...i feel snoockered...

maybe not celebs but i think the cyclists are pretty genuine...especially basso his are simple and uninteresting and in broken english....so bad grade for publicist if so....

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
Twitter....yawn. Sorry. Just so tired of it. For years twitter was a fledgling thing and now that Obama and other celebs do it it's all of a sudden the "in" thing.

One of my podcasts (TWiT) was talking about how Lance tweeted his broken collar bone before the news broke and how important that was for anyone that is a fan. Bunk ! I'm a fan of old "Voldemort" and I heard about it pretty soon after it happening via regular news feeds.

Sure it has a lot of potential for notifying users about truly important things but wading through all the narcissistic crap ain't for me. But then again I'm a old cranky geek.

·
448 Posts
Some are cool others are not that interesting. It's neat to 'get a little behind the scene information. In the last stage of the TOC Jonathon Vaughtners was tweeting from the team car, giving a play by play from the car and throwing out some team tactics. One past went something like, "Z's break didn't hold, but might try and send another rider off the front." Couple minutes later, another rider, forget who, tried for a breakaway.

Some people use it to much. I know one pro who overuses it, but let's just say I'm not interested in the fact that you are picking up your kids from school. Yes, give me insights into your life but I don't need to know everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.