Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
I looked around at the bikes after the Hautacam stage ... and, yes, I'm not proud of it but I did count gears. 53x39 or 54x39 and 12-23 seemed to be the norm. I didn't see any 25's or compacts and I did look -- partly to feel better about my own use of a compact in the mountains!

Oh, and Ballan's 11 speed Campy SR set-up? .... not 11 speeds. Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
philippec said:
I looked around at the bikes after the Hautacam stage ... and, yes, I'm not proud of it but I did count gears. 53x39 or 54x39 and 12-23 seemed to be the norm. I didn't see any 25's or compacts and I did look -- partly to feel better about my own use of a compact in the mountains!

Oh, and Ballan's 11 speed Campy SR set-up? .... not 11 speeds. Pictures to follow.
I think Remy de Gregorio mentioned in an interview that he would be using a 12-25 on the Hautacam, but I'm sure that's the exception rather than the rule.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.