Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Schwalbe Pro One tubeless is available in 23 and 28, but no one has 25. QBP has no idea what is going on. Anyone here have insider info on the short supply of 700x25?

·
Registered
20,820 Posts
I've noticed this too. Very weird. Some sites don't even have 25's listed as an option. Some have them listed as backorder.
I would think 25's would be the preference as 28's won't fit many frames.

I've seen 25's on ebay from other countries. But I've been hesitant if they're legit or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have also been looking for the Pro One in 25's without much success. Glory Cycles says that it is on backorder but that they expect to have stock today (2/18/16). Also I just saw that on Schwalbe North America's website they have the 25's for sale through their online store! Schwalbe Pro One HS 462 | Schwalbe North America

Of course if you order direct from Schwalbe you'll have to pay a higher price than at other online stores, but maybe this means that other stores will start having the 25's in stock soon too?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QBP updated their inventory yesterday or this morn. Showing a March 10, 2016, in stock for the 25. My bike fits a 28c Sector but I'm itchin' to try the 25c on my wider Kinlin rims when the good weather arrives.

·
Registered
257 Posts
FWIW, my non-Pro tubeless "23mm" Schwalbe One's plumped out to 27mm on some rims with a 20.5mm inner width. So if you've got wide rims, and want an actual 25mm tire, the 23's are probably gonna do it for you.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW, my non-Pro tubeless "23mm" Schwalbe One's plumped out to 27mm on some rims with a 20.5mm inner width. So if you've got wide rims, and want an actual 25mm tire, the 23's are probably gonna do it for you.
Thanks for the info. I like my 28 Sectors and was hoping the lighter Pro One 25 would plump out to similar size as the Hutchinsons.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would love to hear some real world widths for the 23s and 25s on different rims. I am riding American Classic 2218 rims (18mm inner, 22.3mm outer) and Sector 28mm won't fit my Focus Izalco Ergo frame. Currently on Hutchinson Fusion 3s 25mm that measure about 26.5mm on my rims. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still no 25C and I'm thinking of going 28c. Currently run 28C Sector and was looking forward to the lighter 25C, but seeing as how the bike is mainly used as a training tool for my mtb racing the in stock 28C may get called into action. The 28c Pro One can't be that much slower than the heralded 25c, right?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I mounted some 28's tubless on a friends bike. After 200 miles they measure close to 32 mm. Need to make sure you have alot of clearance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.