Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride on my new CAAD9. 30 miles in puncture flat!!!! I was sooo pissed, 50 dollars AND my friends were already giving me a hard time about getting fancy lightweight tires. heh oh well i'll chalk it up as bad luck, got a new tube in there now and i hope she holds.:mad2:

· Registered
35 Posts
I have been running Michelin Pro Race clinchers for several years. Just purchased a pair of the new Pro Race 3's. One thing that I have found common is that punctures occur within the first 100 miles or so. From then on, few and far between. The last puncture I had was when a screw blew a hole in the tire and actually penetrated the rim. That's when I bought the new Pro Race 3's. As long as there wasn't a cut or tear in the tire, you'll be more than pleased with the Michelins. Are you positive it wasn't a pinch flat. These tires are supertight when new and I have pinched many tubes installing new tires.

Good Luck.

· Registered
620 Posts
Bicycling Magazine...

...just did a tire review where they said the Pro 3 was the best race tire, hands down. They also said that the Conti 4000S was the best all round training/fast riding tire, and had much more road feel than the 4000. I agree. I've ridden a lot on Contis lately because they seem so much more flat resistant than Michelins (I'm fairly careful about where I ride, but I still see glass and other garbage and I NEVER get flats), and the 4000S is one sweet riding tire...

· Registered
434 Posts
I've probably ridden over 500 miles on Pro Race 3 and I have only flatted once. The odd thing was there was no punctures that I could find. The tube seemed okay and was without any punctures that I could detect by inflating it and listening for leaks. I changed the tube just to be safe side. I'm quite happy with them so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.