Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just checking out deals for some new tires. Checked probikekit.com. Stated free shipping on most USA orders. handling may apply on some items. Michelin and other tires for CHEAP without the shipping...:)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Now that is UNBELIEVABLE! How can they do that?! Can any other Euro merchant come even close to match that? Thank God for the British merchants!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen PBK do it once before. Maybe they just want to move some merchandise.......:)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Still...we, the customers, are the HAPPY WINNERS! I dare any other cycling merchant in our own USA to even come half way close in their bargains!

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Yeeess!

The Vittorias I've wanted for so long are on their way! With those prices, I bought a third to rotate in down the road. Thanks sooo much!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Insanity?

I still have X3 Vittoria Rally tubulars, NEW, purchased from Bike Nashbar X2.5 years ago, @ $19.99/ea., for a total of X5 for about $120.00, after S&H. Now, PROBIKEKIT.COM, is offering X5 Vittoria Rally tubulars for about $52.00, AND NO S&H!? Is that REAL? This tubulars are cheaper than what I used to pay back in 1971! I am about to buy them, even if I do not really need them, and even if it means X1 or 2 weeks in the "dog house" with my wife, for daring test her patience in my seemingly irresistible compulsion to buy cycling stuff just because it was TOO SWEET OF A DEAL TO LET PASS!
crumjack said:
The Vittorias I've wanted for so long are on their way! With those prices, I bought a third to rotate in down the road. Thanks sooo much!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Super Sweet Deal

Bought Conti 4000s for less than $30 each, Time RXS pedals that retail for $175 for $115 and Ultegra 10 cassette for $58. Paid no tax, no shipping and based on my last order, should arrive in less than a week. SWEET!

BTW, now it is free shipping except on "bulky" items. To me, that would mean most components, tires and clothing should be free ship.

·
Registered
446 Posts
duty charges?

wondeirng if there will be duty charges on this... i know this has been hashed out a bit... just wondering though... looking to purchase a grouppo mix (dura ace and ultegra) and some tires... (681 for full ultegra with dure ace shifters is amazing price)..

any info would be great... thnx.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
I've never been hit by duties from PBK, but I"ve never ordered a groupset or anything, just tyres and clothing.

My biggest order was $350, and they split it into 2 parcels, helpfully, that way each was worth $175 and duty-free.

guess that wouldn't work so well with a full gruppo.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Excellent! Might I suggest ...

Of course the Michelin PR2's for $25. But Cinelli Bar tape for $7 and Look cleats, new style for $10 are the best deals I've seen around.

Thanks for the word!

·
Registered
187 Posts
thanks for the tip. two michelin PR2's ordered on the 17th just arrived today ( the 24th). total cost $51.62 or thereabouts (will have to wait for the credit card statement to arrive to know the exact amount). i live in upstate ny by the canadian border and there were no duties or any other charges applied. also just happened to receive a package from xxcycle today as well which also came to the door duty-free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my order yesterday in MA- took a week. Got the new Rubino pros for $16 and Campy brake pads for $18- but they screwed up my jersey order- sent me a short sleeve instead of the winter long sleeve- has anyone had to return anything? Sounds like a pain- i am awaiting their email response.

·
Registered
86 Posts
shipping notice?

The deal on the michelins was just too good to pass up, so I ordered up a couple. I recieved confirmation on my order, but no notification of shipping. Is this normal for them, or should I contact them. It's going on a week now, so I'm not worried that I haven't seen the package, just a little concerned that I haven't seen a shipping confirmation.

·
Registered
220 Posts
metricEee said:
I recieved confirmation on my order, but no notification of shipping. Is this normal for them, or should I contact them. It's going on a week now, so I'm not worried that I haven't seen the package, just a little concerned that I haven't seen a shipping confirmation.
Typical response:
Your Probikekit order has been received and will be dispatched soon. Your order number for this transaction is xxxxxx

They don't send a shipping notification. Also, it usually takes 2-3 days for any responses to inquiries.

I ordered a wheelset on 03/17 and received them on 03/20! But I think it's because I had to pay $60 since it was a bulky item.

I ordered pedals before the wheelset on 03/15 and haven't received them yet. I hope it's here this week!

:cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Placed my order with probikekit late last Thursday, the tires arrived yesterday (less than a week later!) here in Alberta, Canada. Not only that, but they included all original packaging. No duty, no taxes, and no shipping. Go probikekit!

Chris

·
Registered
259 Posts
My first order arrived here yesterday. About 10 days to arrive in Alberta Canada. Not bad, everything showed up intact and there was no tax or duty. I'm expecting my second order today.
I just wish they had a bit more selection, especially small parts like cleats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.