Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
second that

i ordered two rubino pros on tuesday and they got here on saturday. when i order from performance it takes closer to two weeks. the tires were ~$17 each and free shipping, just cant beat the price, cost of shipping, and speed of shipping

· Registered
259 Posts
Yeah, they're prices are great, I've ordered from them 4 or 5 times now without any issues.
You select the country you're from when you check out, if it's one of the ones that they ship for free to then they don't charge shipping.

· Registered
259 Posts
Aha, but they do!
I live in Alberta, and my orders have been taking around 10 days to get here. All shipped for free.
One thing to keep in mind is that all they seem to have for shipping are blue plastic bags. My last order had a bunch of little parts and they put them in an old carboard box, but they usually just ship everything in the bag.

· Registered
182 Posts
Can anyone who's used both compare these to the Michelin Pro race 2s? I have a set on my ride now that I bought from bpk a few months ago and they are nice, but like everyone else I'm always looking for an excuse to put things on/ take things off.

· Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
collectorvelo said:
everytime i try vittoria tires
they blow off my rims

i like michelins
Lets see - I use Vittorias on a couple of different bikes, going through several pair on each a year.

I know several other riders on my team and group rides that do the same.

Not one of them has had tires "blow off their rims". This included racing and high speed cornering.

If your tires are "blowing off your rims", you might want to look at what you're doing to make them do that.

PS - I like Michelins too. But for this price I'll ride the Vittorias all day long. The Rubino Pro's and Open Corsas are as fine as any of the Michelin products.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Vittorias are ok

What psi are you using? What rim?

I had Vittoria Diamante Pro Lites installed on AC350s when I bought my bike. The 350s are rated to a maximum of 120# psi. The Vittorias were rated at 145. I inflated the Vittorias to 145. Guess what happened? They both blew off the rims.

So I kept them at 115, and rode them for about eight months in all conditions, got about 1800 km out of them. They were great tires, BTW, great handling, great road feel, very reliable.

I now have Michelin PR2s, which are rated at 110#. They seem OK to me, but they feel a little squidgy and slow compared to the Vittorias.

So I'm looking forward to trying out the Rubino Pros. I'm guessing that if you reduced the tire pressure a bit, the Vittorias would work for you too.

collectorvelo said:
everytime i try vittoria tires
they blow off my rims

i like michelins

· Registered
279 Posts
prices on some of the vittorias are very attractive, but i've never tried any of their tires...

having used conti gp 3000, mich pro race, specialized all condition pro and vred fortezza i've found the vreds to be a bit heavy, and not particularly supple, but... durable, puncture resistant, and grippy in the wet, with the gp 3000 my second choice...

do any of these vittorias compare to the fortezzas for a rec rider on bad roads???

thanks

· Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bc165 said:
prices on some of the vittorias are very attractive, but i've never tried any of their tires...

having used conti gp 3000, mich pro race, specialized all condition pro and vred fortezza i've found the vreds to be a bit heavy, and not particularly supple, but... durable, puncture resistant, and grippy in the wet, with the gp 3000 my second choice...

do any of these vittorias compare to the fortezzas for a rec rider on bad roads???

thanks
Puncture reistance and flats is pretty much anecdotal. There is stuff on the roads out there that will punch a hole in anything, and if you're unlucky enough to hit it you'll get a flat. The Rubino Pro's are as flat resistant as anything else I've used, and hey, if you hit something bad and you shred a tire, at least you're only out $17 instead of $50 for all of these other options.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.