Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any business with this on-line bike shop? Feedback appreciated. The prices are VERY LOW! What is the catch, if any?

·
Registered
8 Posts
good deals

got some Look Keos from them last week. got the order 7 days after ordering (in Colorado). flat rate shipping is great.

·
Registered
192 Posts
They're o.k

I bought stuff from them and returned bib tights without a hitch.Don't know about shipping to the states but you guys do realise you won't be liable for VAT in U.K? (I think its 17.5% over there) so your prices are cheaper than the advertised prices.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unbelievable!

Well, what is a VAT? Sounds like this website is worth trying! Here is an example of an item that is a great deal to forbid letting go: Look Keo Rd Pedals with Chromolly spindle= listing for US $113.00, today,01/25/06. The same item lists for US $219.95 @ Nashbar and Excel Sports...US $219.99 @ Performance, Glory Cycles and Colorado Cyclist.Now, that is SAVINGS of US $106.95 to $106.99, almost like buy X1 pair and get X1 FREE! Wow! The simple arithmetic speaks for itself! By the way, the Ti spindle version is listing today for only US $188.29...What are we waiting for?!
comsense said:
I bought stuff from them and returned bib tights without a hitch.Don't know about shipping to the states but you guys do realise you won't be liable for VAT in U.K? (I think its 17.5% over there) so your prices are cheaper than the advertised prices.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Vat

ru1-2cycle said:
Well, what is a VAT? Sounds like this website is worth trying! Here is an example of an item that is a great deal to forbid letting go: Look Keo Rd Pedals with Chromolly spindle= listing for US $113.00, today,01/25/06. The same item lists for US $219.95 @ Nashbar and Excel Sports...US $219.99 @ Performance, Glory Cycles and Colorado Cyclist.Now, that is SAVINGS of US $106.95 to $106.99, almost like buy X1 pair and get X1 FREE! Wow! The simple arithmetic speaks for itself! By the way, the Ti spindle version is listing today for only US $188.29...What are we waiting for?!

Value added tax?

·
Registered
467 Posts
whit417 said:
None that I could see except for the $15 shipping which would probably negate any savings.
You should go to their site and look at their prices before saying that.Of course,if you are going order one pair of socks then it would be stupid.

However,they have complete Ultegra 10 speed groups for $610,Mavic Carbones for $500 less than anywhere here in the states.For high end items,wheels and groups they are hard to beat.

I have yet to order from them.A few guys I ride with have and have had no troubles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
prices good - shipping slooow

I ordered tires Conti 4000's for about $28.00 ea, over here all the prices were 50 to 60 dollers, ordered 4. But this was on Dec 26. I am still waiting as of Jan 25! one month. I e-mailed them and was informed my order was mailed Jan 17th, what happeded? lost my order? That's the problem, can't call unless you call overseas to talk to someone. I hope they come soon...The prices are great, if you can wait, but hey its winter now anyhow. BTW there are no other fees except $15.00 shipping flat fee, except I think for wheels. My credit card charged me 2% currency exchange.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've ordered recently from them and have nothing but good things to say. I ordered a Selle Italia SLR XP saddle and some Michelin Pro 2 race tyres from them. I placed the order on a Friday and then received it the following Wednesday and I live in Australia. That was freaking amazing I thought. UK to Australia in 3.5 working days.

The other thing that is great are the prices. The saddle cost me $81au and the tyres $35au and all shipped out for$19au. If I go to my LBS a Selle Italia SLR XP saddle retails at $250au and Michelin Pro 2 Race tyres retail at $99 each. No wonder why so many LBS are going out of business here in Australia.

Can anyone explain how they can sell their stuff so cheaply. I was astounded when I saw the difference between my LBS and probikekit.com. They're also much much cheaper than most of the American websites.

I highly recommend them. Their prices are amazing and providing everything is in stock, so is their service.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good place

I have ordered from these guys several times over the years. Great prices and service, plus my orders always arrived quickly (to Tennessee.)

·
Banned
63 Posts
I ordered some Campy stuff, DedaTre and Vittoria Open Pave tires from them.

They put Australia on the address, instead of USA, I watched my package (shipped a month after I ordered because one part was out of stock when I ordered) hit Sydney, Australia and then come to me. It all arrived okay, 7 weeks after I ordered.

I would have preferred they emailed me to let me know something was out of stock and offer me the option to wait or cancel. The shipping delay didn't even rate a reply when I emailed them to let them know the package was in Sydney, it took me several days to get a tracking number out of them when I started to worry about not seeing it.

I still look to see if they have any deals on something I want, but they aren't one of my first choices in ordering any more. I'll still do so, but not if I'm in a hurry.

I recently unpacked some of the tires from their boxes, to find that the tread bands are peeling off :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great prices, good/great shipping

In Nov05, I bought the KEO Sprint (red) for $75 US. All else sells for $140. At the time, they also were selling the KEO Carbon cromo for $109. I'll invest my $34 elsewhere. 20-30grams difference is like a half-eaten Big Mac.
I also bought a set of Vittoria Open Corsa tires for $30ea. A flatrate $15 shipping. Total of $150 for great pedals, tires and shipping!

It all arrived in 7 days!!!

I'll order again!

1 - 20 of 129 Posts