Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any experience with them? I was looking for a cheap place to pick up a pair of shorts and jersey since i only have 2 pairs and washing them often is getting a pain. they also seem to have decent prices on saddles, tyres, etc.... and free shipping to the us.

so are the good, no good? anywhere better?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have used them and so have my friends. I am happy with them and would recommend you give them a try if the price is right. Delivery takes around 10 days to Australia. I suspect you could pay more for faster delivery but I have never been in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
CC09 said:
anyone have any experience with them? I was looking for a cheap place to pick up a pair of shorts and jersey since i only have 2 pairs and washing them often is getting a pain. they also seem to have decent prices on saddles, tyres, etc.... and free shipping to the us.
They are a good company, but don't buy from them unless you are absolutely sure about what you want (sizes, etc.). Returns to England will be a big hassle. Their prices on tires are real cheap with the free shipping promotion (don't know how long that will last).

·
Registered
654 Posts
Great

Just purchased some tires, a cassette, pedals and some protein recovery drink that is not available in the U.S. Everything ordered last Monday night or Tuesday morning. Everything arrived today with free shipping. However, one caveat, good do not come with boxes. By way of example, my cassette came in a plastic bag with the instructions. My pedals came in the plastic package still sealed but no box. Tires come with no box or instructions. This is in part how they save money on shipping. As someone above said, make sure you know what you are buying and what you want.

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
My vittorias arrived 9 days after I ordered them. Acceptable time from the UK to the midwest. The tires were not boxed but were folded nicely with a rubber band and the "manual," tubes were in the box.

Looks like it may have been old stock because the material with riders and wins was dated 2001. Hey, rubber is rubber and this rubber cost me half of what I would have paid locally.

Another note, there was no invoice in the package. This is a good thing when the wife is at home and gets the mail before me!:D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
recently purchased some tires, FREE SHIPPING. much cheaper than if i got them locally. Check their specials they may have free shipping on small items. worth it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Just ordered a Quick Step jersey in honor of MSR last week. Ordered it on Sat. night about 10:00 pm CST. Still wiating for it to arrive, and expect it no sooner than this Friday. Free shipping!

·
Registered
21 Posts
ashpelham said:
Just ordered a Quick Step jersey in honor of MSR last week. Ordered it on Sat. night about 10:00 pm CST. Still wiating for it to arrive, and expect it no sooner than this Friday. Free shipping!
How do you get the free shipping, is it shown after I enter my mailing address?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
if free shipping is available on the item your looking at it will be listed with the ad in the left corner. My tires arrived 4 days after i ordered them. cool......

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Order received, one week to the day that I ordered! Unfortunately, the item is really too big on me. That's my fault. I just mis-judged the Euro sizing. I ordered a XXXL, and I'm a XL at the MOST. It is going to be somewhat tricky and/or complicated to send the item back, so I am considering posting the QuickStep 2006 Jersey over on the classifieds.

·
Does it matter?
751 Posts
I've ordered jerseys from them in the past. Great quality.

I ordered some Michelin ProRace2 Last Monday ($26 each), late in the evening. The arrived the next Monday. I'm in California, and Free shipping. Better jump on in the deals and Free shipping while it's available.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Like everyone else, I just ordered some pro race 2s. Got them, a pair of ultralight tubes, and some look cleats for right at $70. The tires alone sell on ebay for almost $70. Almost bought a catlight Kompact, but I think they are the first-gen. Wonder when they'll get the kompact 2? Anyway, can't beat their prices.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I ordered a new Campy Record CF crank and Ultra 10 chain for ~$476 CDN shipped. The kit builder for Campy Record CF double cranks gives an extra %12 off, it was like getting paid $20 to take the chain. :)
I just wish they had the wheels as part of the kit builder. Daddy needs a new set of Eurus'.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think the shipping charge is $60 or so for wheelsets. Might still be cheaper than other places though. I just ordered 4 more PR2s and 2 pairs of Keo Carbons (one's a gift for a friend, the other's a gift for myself).

·
Registered
220 Posts
mytorelli said:
has anyone bought any wheelsets from them? their mavics are very cheap
I bought plenty of stuff from them including a wheelset. Although they have a free shipping promotion going on right now, shipping was $60 since its a bulky item. It was delivered in two days (to NYC)!

:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Probikekit.com is great

I live in Los Angeles and would normally be hesitant to order internationally but with the positive info I decided to give it a try. Ordered some Michelin Pro Race 2 tires and a jersey on 3/29/06 with free shipping. Today, 4/3/06, my order just arrived with no problems at all. Probikekit.com will definitely have my future business.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Probikekit is highly recommended. The times that I have ordered, it takes less than a week to arrive on the west coast (faster than even ordering stateside!). My last order took an amazing business three days to arrive! No duties, taxes, or brokerage fees as they channel deliveries through USPS. Take advantage of the free shipping offer right now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts