Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. ( sorry about double posting, but I need answer quite quickly, because I can still get another handle bar to shared shipping if that's the problem )

Just got my campa groupset (it's beautiful:blush2: ) and this is my first time building a bike. How do I loosen the "rim" enough so that if will fit through my handle bars? I have real trouble getting to the mounting bolt under the rubber cover so I'm thinking I might be doing it wrong. Do I need to take the whole rubber cover off? Pealing it back woun't give me enough room. Also if I understood correctly the tightening "rim" only has about .4mm (23.8-24.2mm)space and I doubt that enough for it to find trough the bar?

I tried using the campa instructions, but they are quite fast forward :D Same thing with park tool. There's no way I can acces it like in the pic below. That's the old shifter model.

Thanks alot!

Olli

ps. I have this bar if it makes any difference 42 31.8 mm

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17222

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

The new levers work no differently than the old, but the clamp nut should have a T25 torx head, unless the Veloce model uses a cheaper steel nut that has a 5mm hex socket.

That picture is NOT the way to do it. A long handled hex wrench or a T25 torx screwdriver can be inserted from the front, just by lifting the hood up slightly and inserting the driver under the hood. I also pull the back of the hood forward, but not as much as in the picture, so I can just barely see the clamp nut. The new torx head is harder to get into without a visual guide. With the old 5mm hex, I could feel the nut and get a hex wrench in without looking.

There are some bars bends that are so tight that the band clamp and bolt needs to be removed and slide up onto the hook section, then the lever placed on the bar and fastend to the band clamp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.