Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a problem with the front derailler on my Look 695SR - it won't shift from the small front chainring into the big chainring. It appears as though there is some flex in the derailleur and the carbon brazeon. It might also be the chainring and a bad chain line, but it seems like the flex is the main issue. I have the new sram red with yaw and the LBS can get it to shift on the stand but on the trainer with even the slightest resistance, it doesn't want to go into the big ring!

Is this a Look issue? Has anyone else experienced this? How did you fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am experiencing a problem with the front derailler on my Look 695SR - it won't shift from the small front chainring into the big chainring. It appears as though there is some flex in the derailleur and the carbon brazeon. It might also be the chainring and a bad chain line, but it seems like the flex is the main issue. I have the new sram red with yaw and the LBS can get it to shift on the stand but on the trainer with even the slightest resistance, it doesn't want to go into the big ring!

Is this a Look issue? Has anyone else experienced this? How did you fix it?
This is a Look issue that I am also having with my Super Record 11 fd. I have a brand new Look 695 I pack with the carbon front derailleur hanger. Every time I tighten the front derailleur it wants to move it into a position that doesn't work. I sanded down the carbon so it is not so slippery and that lets me get it to where it needs to be, but the shift is so rough, the pressure form the chain causes the derailure to pop back into its original faulty position not allowing me to shift to big ring. Look is sending me a new aluminum hanger, but it seems to be a very bad engineering design.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We had two different carbon front derailleur hangers before offering up the new aluminum version. If your shop is up to it, we can send them the kit to swap out to the new style. Just have them give our warranty department a call first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.