Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Blue AC1 2nd hand for my son (frameset only). Planned to switch components over from another bike, had LBS do so.
Upon inspection, the internal cable routing would not take the cable. No way to repair "per the LBS and per Blue cycles".
No problem... I didn't have much $$ in the bike, lesson learned on buying a bike 2nd hand.
Here's my problem.
I purchased the bike 11/2/12. Shipped it to Blue bikes before 11/15/12.
Blue bikes offered (I did not request) a warranty replacement for approx $200 plus shipping.

Obviously, I took Blue's offer.

It has been 3 full months. I've contacted Blue multiple times. Each contact Blue states will be another 3-4 weeks till they will ship.

I'm quite frustrated, but don't see that I have any recourse.

What say you??

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are probably two things happening here. 1) Blue was sold right after you sent them the frame, company sales can often cause chaos and confusion. 2) Blue gets its frames from Asia like everyone else, sometimes this means delay after delay. My .02 is that $200 for a replacement is a crazy deal probably worth waiting for. However if you need/want a bike right now, perhaps its time to request a refund and move on.

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
I had a similar experience with another frame maker. They initially told me it would take 2 - 3 months, ended up taking 6. Was worth the weight as I did get a new frame out of the deal for no charge. I think it has more to do with ordering times from the factory in the far east than anything. Also to be considered - they might take the frame that was designated for you, and in the interim - the time between thier order to the factory and delivery - a cash customer comes along they may certainly sell to that person. You then go back into the waiting list for the next delivery date. That is probably what happened to me because I did recieve several different delivery dates over the course of the 6 months.
Be patient and good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Other than the shipping cost, I'm not really out much $$$. I'm not happy b/c of the wait time (Blue reps telling us just a couple more weeks, and it's been 3 months). Look like I'd be better off buying a frame for my son and if Blue every sends us a new frame, great. If not, oh well.

·
Premium Member
5,457 Posts
sounds like a road trip from the foothills of NC to where ever in Georgia, blue is located

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have had a similar issue but not with a bike company. I have a different attitude when I am told up front that it will be 6 months, or that the company has been sold and we are having issues. When I make contact by email or by phone 2 or 3 times and told 3 to 4 weeks each time, I too have little patience

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.