Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I only ride Campy, a true loyalist for 35 years; but this must be the EPS problem. DeRosa shows their bikes set up with Campy on their own website. To your point there are Pro's riding the set up. Makes no sense that they would hang Campy on the bikes just for catalog picks. DeRosa like some of the other Italian brands are the only ones who spec the brand as OEM. Campy California is notorious for being bad with customer service, especially with so much being purchased online from overseas. I would try to work to get the Campy tech to try switching out the front der. first if the rear is ok. After that I would think that it is a computer problem and switch each of those pieces out. If they say DeRosa is not compatible than they have to explain why: Bottom bracket width, height of front deraillur clamp, rear wheel spacing/hanger/chain line issue. It is possible that the frame is somehow wrong, but the shop should be able to check alignment, measure widths, etc. I would go online and call any DeRosa dealer and ask them if they have issues. Path bike shop in Clearwater FL just posted pictures of a beautiful set up but it was not a Protos. Two other shops I would call are my locals; Liberty BS in Basking Ridge, NJ (ask for Greg) or Bike Land 2 in Chatham NJ (Oscar is the owner). They both are very experienced campy shops and sell DR. Good luck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts