Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jack of no trades
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual Zwift "can not replicate the issue on their end," so it's up to me to figure out what screwed up during their most recent update.

A couple notable glitches that came along with this update: power numbers of custom workouts can’t be adjusted (you can’t backspace the flashing slash mark. It appears to the left of the power numbers, and you have to keep right clicking your mouse as you move it slowly to the right, eventually getting the flashing slash to the end of the numbers so you can adjust). Also, in-ride power percentage adjustments don’t work anymore. It shows that you can still change your power up or down by 10% while you’re riding, but the power output to the pedals (and the main box on the screen that says "ride at whatever watts for whatever minutes") remains at 100%.

Anyone experience similar issues?

To note: I have uninstalled/reinstalled Zwift. That did not solve the problems.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
As usual Zwift "can not replicate the issue on their end," so it's up to me to figure out what screwed up during their most recent update.

A couple notable glitches that came along with this update: power numbers of custom workouts can’t be adjusted (you can’t backspace the flashing slash mark. It appears to the left of the power numbers, and you have to keep right clicking your mouse as you move it slowly to the right, eventually getting the flashing slash to the end of the numbers so you can adjust). Also, in-ride power percentage adjustments don’t work anymore. It shows that you can still change your power up or down by 10% while you’re riding, but the power output to the pedals (and the main box on the screen that says "ride at whatever watts for whatever minutes") remains at 100%.

Anyone experience similar issues?

To note: I have uninstalled/reinstalled Zwift. That did not solve the problems.
My recommendation: step away from the trainer and get outside. Worry about it in November

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I just did a 40 min active recovery spin to check out the new London extension.

The FTP bias did not work for me either.

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
My recommendation: step away from the trainer and get outside. Worry about it in November
Simple solution its the summer, ride outside till the next update.
Those aren't acceptable solutions. Who are you to say when the OP is allowed to appropriately use a service he PAYS for?

I don't know where the OP lives, or what his life burdens are. Maybe his work schedule doesn't allow him to ride in the daytime. Maybe he likes to ride indoors when it's raining. Maybe he lives in Phoenix where the temps will be between 108° & 121° for the next 15 days.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Those aren't acceptable solutions. Who are you to say when the OP is allowed to appropriately use a service he PAYS for?

I don't know where the OP lives, or what his life burdens are. Maybe his work schedule doesn't allow him to ride in the daytime. Maybe he likes to ride indoors when it's raining. Maybe he lives in Phoenix where the temps will be between 108° & 121° for the next 15 days.
We expressed opinions. Its a message board. That's what happens here.

I recommend the OP post his problem to the Zwift community board.

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
The little 100% arrow things weren't working for me either.

I just assumed the editing feature would also not work, so I just turned up the difficultly via the ftp setting before starting, worked for now.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Oh, I'm back outside. During these warmer months, I use Zwift on recovery days.
My approach has been to avoid Zwift as much as possible during the warm months. My hope is that when I get back on in the fall there will be new courses and features and it will all be new and fun again to get me through the winter.

I did see that they have finally added spectator to London. That is one of the things I hated about both London and Richmond, that they were barren

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I ride in Zwift just about every morning before breakfast for about 30-45 min. Just an easy spin to wake up the legs and get the blood flowing.

If the weather is crappy (fairly frequently this spring), I'll do my scheduled workouts there as well. For me, it's preferable to a 90 minute interval ride indoors, clean and dry, than to get on the rain gear and take the rain bike out. It's also a lot safer.

Zwift has pretty much turned me into a fair weather cyclist, and I'm quite ok with that. The workouts have really helped my fitness this spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts