Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new touring bike, Trek 520. I also bought new racks because i sold my old touring bike (jamis nova) and the racks went with it. I am having quite a time getting the front rack to line up straight with the wheel once i tighten it down. The rear is just a little off but i can live with that. Anyone know a good trick to make it so? My last bike did not have this issue when hanging the racks for some reason. I have a jandd low rider front rack. Suggestions wanted.

· N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
how far off?

brad nicholson said:
...I am having quite a time getting the front rack to line up straight with the wheel once i tighten it down... I have a jandd low rider front rack..
Is the rack crooked, or the fork/bosses? How far off center is it? Since the Jandd is a hoop style, it should be relatively immovable, so perhaps not a big deal off center? Be sure that you don't tighten any rack fasteners until all mounting points are mounted at least finger tight - otherwise alignment can be a problem.

Aluminum doesn't like to bend, so I wouldn't try bending that rack. Have you laid the low rider on a flat surface like a table to see if it sits straight? Have you measured its eyelets to see if they're aligned? If it's really a problem, you'll need to figure out whether to return the bike or the rack... hopefully the rack. Since you're apparently planning to tour, buy a Tubus Tara instead and be done with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.