Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one out their have any recent experience with the Campy Profit pedals? Most of the post in the review section are quite old.

I have been interested in these pedals for sometime and just have not got around to puying a pair.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
still running my centaur/daytona - they are truly excellent - think i have my review up there...

smaller clip in target than others, but really secure - never been dumped outta them... They do not respond well to dirt tho, so keep your cleats clean...(dont walk on grass/dirt) the plastic wears out, but its not too bad.... cheap replacements tho and the metal hook should last forever unless you walk on chip seal a lot.

the only reason why they are not popular is b/c my centaurs weighed in @ 320g. Even the cheap keos are meant to be around 260g or whatever...

but campy pro-fit don't break axles either...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I run Chorus Profit on 2 bikes, Record Profit and Daytona Profit on another 2 bikes.
My most recent bike got Look carbon KEOs, mostly so that I could "share" that bike with a KEO user..

I've never had a problem with any of the Profits. Very sturdy.

But Wanski is correct, too. The KEOs are somewhat easier to clip into. However, that's all relative -- depends on what you are used to & what you're able to get used to.

I can't think of any reason to deter you from trying out a pair of Profits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Finally retired and old pair of Look Carbons for the Record Pro-fits. As some others have mentioned they have a smaller target area and definitely take some getting used to. Certainly not as "thought free" to enter as the Speedplays I tried, but a ride or two was all I needed to adjust to them. Once clipped in they are very secure and seem to provide the right amount of float for me. Construction wise I'm not sure you could build a nicer pedal. The smoothness of the bearings is almost sensual.:eek:

Mike

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Pro-fits are all I ever use - have a set of chorus and one daytonas. Great pedals.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been using the Pro-Fit pedals for years and have to say they are great pedals. They have about half the float of the red Look cleats which is about right for me. They don't self center like Time pedals and the pivot point is at the back at the steel hook part and not at the front of the cleat meaning it rotates more like the Time pedals and not like the Look pedals. With the pivot point being just behind the ball of the foot and the float allowing both the toes and heel to rotate I've found them easier on the knees compared to the Look pedals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts