Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has a Proform TDF 2.0, 4.0 or 5.0 and what they think about it? I have a week old 2.0 and the resistance is wacky. Gearing is set-up for a 39x53 / 28-11, when in the 39x28 can barely push the pedals at 80rpm. The easiest gear and struggle like I am in the 53x11.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wondering if anyone has a Proform TDF 2.0, 4.0 or 5.0 and what they think about it? I have a week old 2.0 and the resistance is wacky. Gearing is set-up for a 39x53 / 28-11, when in the 39x28 can barely push the pedals at 80rpm. The easiest gear and struggle like I am in the 53x11.
I have some experience with this product as I use to work for Proform and traveled to the factory where these were built. but I'm several years removed. But this is a 2014 model.

Does the gearing work in reverse on the paddle shifters? You could try removing the console and checking the wires for pinch or frayed wire and making sure the connectors are plugged in correctly and the correct orientation. I don't recall if your are also able to adjust the resistance from the console. If you can, does it behave the same as the shifters? Have you tried to check for a software update? if this is the first time this has been used, it could be running an older version of software (I don't know the most recent). does the magnet bracket actually move with each change in resistance, or does it just make a noise as if it was moving, but not actually moving? and the last thing you could try is to open the side shields and follow the resistance motor cable and see if there is damage to the wire that could be causing the signal to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts