Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im in the head ripping tiny pieces of toilet paper off of this 14 inch diameter gigantic roll when i got to thinking. What the heck was wrong with a standard roll of toilet paper that works every time. This giant roll has so much resistence that you have to have the"touch" of Tom Brady to get paper off it without ripping every square or so! Then sometimes the whole face plate falls off..ever had that happen. Sometimes to find the end you have to snake your hand way up inside the darn thing. This is not progress.

So what other man-made products have actually regressed in their effectiveness?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Don't forget that Tom Brady is laid up this year.

It'll probably work fine once he is healed up.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I wonder if Peyton Manning could do it. He's got a touch too.

·
waterproof*
41,602 Posts
I take exception to your assumption. I bet whoever pays the lady that replaces that roll, and buys the rolls, is quite happy with the progress.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
They have rolls of sandpaper at our office. Really nice recycled stuff. You can use it to take the rust off of a trailer hitch.

Anybody see the toilet paper with the bears and the paper sticks to their butts? Anybody have problem with toilet paper sticking to their butts? Never been an issue for me.

·
half-fast
7,377 Posts
When I was in elementary school, the tp came out of things that looked like tiny folded paper towel dispensers. They were a far worse thing.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
I usually just write my name on the wall.
In ink or pee? Or... :eek:

Chocolate ink I meant. Not....

·
Done
4,509 Posts
bigmig19 said:
So im in the head ripping tiny pieces of toilet paper off of this 14 inch diameter gigantic roll when i got to thinking. What the heck was wrong with a standard roll of toilet paper that works every time. This giant roll has so much resistence that you have to have the"touch" of Tom Brady to get paper off it without ripping every square or so! Then sometimes the whole face plate falls off..ever had that happen. Sometimes to find the end you have to snake your hand way up inside the darn thing. This is not progress.

So what other man-made products have actually regressed in their effectiveness?
The state of the supplies in the restrooms is a pretty accurate barometer of how your company is doing. I'm in the banking industry, and there has been a noted decline in both TP and hand towel quality. I wrote a very strongly-worded memo to the Director of Facilities on the subject yesterday. The TP was replaced by Fanny Mae preferred stock.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Gregory Taylor said:
The state of the supplies in the restrooms is a pretty accurate barometer of how your company is doing. I'm in the banking industry, and there has been a noted decline in both TP and hand towel quality. I wrote a very strongly-worded memo to the Director of Facilities on the subject yesterday. The TP was replaced by Fanny Mae preferred stock.
If it would help I have stacks of WaMU hand towels I could send over. :eek:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My whole point is; If it saves time and money but doesnt work, then hows that progress. How about the motion sensor faucets? They sometimes see your hands, sometimes not (usually after you have soap on them). Incidentally I wasnt just looking for rest room related stuff.

·
Done
4,509 Posts
bigmig19 said:
My whole point is; If it saves time and money but doesnt work, then hows that progress. How about the motion sensor faucets? They sometimes see your hands, sometimes not (usually after you have soap on them). Incidentally I wasnt just looking for rest room related stuff.
How about those programmable thermostats that supposed to adjust your house temperature based on the time of day? We installed one, hoping to chop a few bucks off of our heating/ac bill by dialing down the HVAC system during the hours when were not home or at night when you are supposed to be snug under the covers.

It doesn't work. It was a hassle to program. The little internal timer gets off track way too easily. We've gone back to regulating temperature manually, except that it is more of a hassle now because you have to diddle through the menus.

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
Gregory Taylor said:
How about those programmable thermostats that supposed to adjust your house temperature based on the time of day? We installed one, hoping to chop a few bucks off of our heating/ac bill by dialing down the HVAC system during the hours when were not home or at night when you are supposed to be snug under the covers.

It doesn't work. It was a hassle to program. The little internal timer gets off track way too easily. We've gone back to regulating temperature manually, except that it is more of a hassle now because you have to diddle through the menus.
My favorite are the 1's that control both the heat and A/C, without you manually switching between the 2. At work, when everybody leaves and the night temp is higher or lower than the day temp, the thermostat will turn the furnace on to warm up the building. NICE.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Gregory Taylor said:

Are you talking about the thermostats that error out on you every week or so and then require you to reprogram them but it always takes three times of reprogramming before the thing saves your settings?

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
HOV lanes.

In around Atlanta they didn't create new lanes for HOV, they just made all the old lanes smaller to make room so that they could add it.

They suck.....unless I have a car full of people...mostly they suck.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts