Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a big Mondo fan before last night, now even more. I snagged this from the Project Rungay aka Tom & Lorenzo Fabulous and Opinionated. Made me teary eyed, much like last nights episode.

"The tragedy of Mondo's confession is not that he has HIV. Without minimizing the seriousness of the disease, it's fair to say that Mondo's chances of living a very long time with it are very, very good. No, the tragedy of Mondo's confession is that we still live in a world where young men and women are made to feel less worthy than their counterparts because of who they're attracted to. So much less worthy that they will suffer in total silence for a decade and seek no support from their family while they deal with a very serious medical issue all alone. The stress of that is unimaginable and thousands of men have stories very similar to Mondo's.

We're thrilled that he won and that he had this emotional breakthrough but we're even more thrilled at the idea that tons of little babygays may have watched last night and learned that being honest about oneself is not something to fear and that there is a place in the world where those who are true to themselves - no matter how hard that may be; no matter how much of a price may be paid - are better off than those who suffer in silence. Lately it seems like a gay kid is killing himself every other day. It's not hyperbole at all to suggest that Mondo may actually have saved some lives last night."

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
huh????????? whatchoo talking about?????

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Touch0Gray said:
huh????????? whatchoo talking about?????
It's a TeeVee show.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
that is a great piece snap

my wife and I were discussing that

he's been dealing with this with no family support for a decade

ya just wanna give the kid a hug

now who's gonna get caught cheating???

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
atpjunkie said:
now who's gonna get caught cheating???
Evil Snap is hoping it's Gretchen, only because I don't like her.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well snap

snapdragen said:
Evil Snap is hoping it's Gretchen, only because I don't like her.
my wife loves this show and what she finds fascinating is my (as a 'dude') ability to pick winners and losers consistently season in and season out. I can usually pick who is going home with about a 90% rate.

I'm thinking Gretchen, cold, shrewd, hyper competitive. She has 'cheater' written all over her. Plus she is consistently good and near the top where everyone else left has had some major flops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts