Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been taping the show, I'm just now seeing the first four episodes. Gawd I hope Gretchen doesn't take it. Can a woman be a douche?

·
Meow!
1,449 Posts
She's THE worst. Tim Gunn's smackdown of her at the end of the team challenge was much deserved.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
Apparently yes. I find her talented but a manipulator, and not in a good way. Have you gotten to the team challenge yet?

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
I loathe her. Mrs Porter and I just watched this week's episode.

My thoughts:

1) The 1.5 hr length is way too long.
2) These designers aren't that talented compared to seasons past.
3) They're also the most annoying group.
4) We think the judges are going to hold a grudge against Ivey and Gretchen and neither will win.
5) I may quit watching the show.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Henry Porter said:
1) The 1.5 hr length is way too long.
OMG no kidding. They said that people wanted to see more of the designers actually designing and building. Instead they drew out the judging into a 30 minute snorefest. We might start recording the last half hour and watching it the next day so we can stay awake.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
OMG no kidding. They said that people wanted to see more of the designers actually designing and building.
Yeah, but all they show is them b*!ching and talking smack about each other. I find that the most boring part.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yeah... Gretchen. Sigh. I was routing for her as a fellow Portlander but found myself cringing every time she opened her mouth. After the team competition, I decided I can't stand her.

I want Mondo to win. I like his hair. I envy.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
theBreeze said:
Apparently yes. I find her talented but a manipulator, and not in a good way. Have you gotten to the team challenge yet?
Yup, I'm all caught up. I loved how she kept trying to throw Michael under the bus, and the judges kept saying "he's got immunity".

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Either way I'm glad AJ (I think it was him) left after the group contest. He was a whiney little turd and his clothes sucked. Someone buy him a cheeseburger.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
snapdragen said:
Yup, I'm all caught up. I loved how she kept trying to throw Michael under the bus, and the judges kept saying "he's got immunity".
It's classic hate on that guy. "He has no skills". Right, but the judges like his work lately. So maybe he has.... taste? Maybe he is the anti-cassanova (who is all skills and no taste).

I love how they ignore what the judges say. What would they know, after all, having been super successful in fashion for decades? Not as much as some no-names without the history, apparently.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Lol. I think Mondo's my fav - he's quirky and funny, seems to be pretty nice, and I've enjoyed most of the designs he's put out so far.

I couldn't believe it when April's stripper outfit won the "resort wear" competition two weeks ago...especially over Andy's design. This past week was pretty meh.

·
Registered
429 Posts
+1 for Mondo. I agree, my wife & I found that this season has brought out more overt catfights & backbiting; compared previous seasons. Doncha luvit! Though the depth of talent seems shallower, but what would i know. As long as it doesn't make me look fat...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts