Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I have railed on this guy in the past, but I think, for real, that Mr. Millar is going to knock the prologue out for Saunier Duval. I have a good feeling about him doing it, and taking the first yellow jersey of 2006. I read his little interview today, and came away, well, impressed. I think possibly that this 2 years off did him some good, and got his head straight as far as how he's thinking and how he wants to work to earn it now, instead of whining his way through his career, this was, and might be, the best thing that has happened to him. I think he had to hit rock bottom before he could come back up again. Here's hoping he comes back, and does well.

That being said, I am also thinking that Zabriskie could pull it off again and win the prologue this year, he has been on fire this year as far as the TTs go. I think the short distance will work to his advantage.

Hincapie should put in a good performance as well. I think the main contenders, Floyd, Ullrich, Basso, and a few others will round out the top 5 or 10 most likely with a few other guys dropping in there. Paolo should have a good ride as well I hope.

Hmm, I can say for sure who won't be taking the win this year. Fabian. Too bad he didn't get a ride this year.

· Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
Miller is fast, but has not competed in two years. I have to go with Dave Z.

· Registered
839 Posts
adaml said:
Maybe Cancellara will take Basso's spot on the team and have a shot at it.
They've already announced it:

THERE WILL BE NO REPLACEMENT RIDERS ALLOWED!!!!

· Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
ultimobici said:
Basso was pulled by Riis, so they can replace him.
I read somewhere that the team managers got together and decided that pulled riders would not be replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.