Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cannondale-velo-atherapy
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Props to Chris for coming out to a local charity ride yesterday in California- the day before the nationals road race. Gotta ride with him for about 15 minutes, and he could not have
been more gracious. Was really interesting to hear some inside info on the tour this year what was happening behind the scenes, the Tourmalet etc....
I wanted him to put the hammer down to see if I could hang, but we all probably didn't go over 20, and his heart rate probably didn't rise above 50 :)
He went out of his way to be accessible and polite to people. Just a great experience, and a class act. He's been in great form this year, and rode a strong race today- good to see him finishing his career on an up.
Thanks Chris!!
http://picasaweb.google.com/marklindsey12/ChrisHorner#5518843994532555954

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
thanks for sharing

NIce thread, and nice pics! It sounds like you had a great time. Not a lot of other sports where you can do something like this with a big star. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
I met Chris at the Tour of Lombardy back in 2008. He was riding by and I asked him to stop for a picture. He stopped, turned around and was happy to take a few snaps with me. We chatted for a few minutes and then he was off to the start line. I was suprised that he actually stopped in the first place and he was so nice to answer my questions. Horner is a classy guy.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
That is awesome! Wow, to me the PROs are almost like cycling ghosts - so strong, fast, and determined that I can't believe they actually exist. It would be really exciting to ride next to one, such as Horner, and just experience the simple pleasure of turning the cranks. I think that basic joy is the one thing that connects all passionate cyclists - how much fun it is to just ride a bike.

The 150 vs. 250 photo is awesome! It's like size Large next to size Medium:)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Never heard anything but good things about Horner. Glad you got a chance to meet him.

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
I have wondered for the last two years if Horner was supported in certain races, how well he could've done - I think he may be better than we will ever know.

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
pdh777 said:
I have wondered for the last two years if Horner was supported in certain races, how well he could've done - I think he may be better than we will ever know.
Couldn't agree more!
Chris is a class act, and I'll be sad when he retires.
Mad props to a fellow Oregonian!! :thumbsup:

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
I had a dream last night that Tom Boonen was at my house having a beer and I had some sort of candy and told him to eat some as they would make him fast and he said he already knew how to go fast and then I woke up and was bummed that it was just a dream because I was so stoked that I could tell the Lounge that I was hanging out with Tom.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
I had a dream last night that Tom Boonen was at my house having a beer and I had some sort of candy and told him to eat some as they would make him fast and he said he already knew how to go fast and then I woke up and was bummed that it was just a dream because I was so stoked that I could tell the Lounge that I was hanging out with Tom.
tangential post of the day?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts