Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Works well! Someone had purposed running a Prorace in the front and another more durable tire in the rear as a compromise because the Mich doesn't wear well/cuts easily.

I couldn't tell the difference between two Proraces and the Prorace/Rubino combo. The ride is excellent with latex tubes which btw also have held up nicely, no deformation that some have reported.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I had a PR2 front/Rubino Pro Slick rear on my bike once. The Rubino was near-new while the PR2 was pretty much ridden from 2006 (used bike purchase).

I'm personally not a fan of Rubino (which also stands as my general liking towards Vittoria atm). Felt like that moment between losing/keeping keep was too sudden - I guess an "on/off" feel in other words. The only times I've ever been close to being thrown off my bike was having this tire in the rear.

Looking at an unused Pro Slick I got as a freebie, I notice (from center to side) there's that smooth center, some weird texture, and then some smooth section again but I can't tell if that's supposed to be any softer.

Michelin, on the otherhand, has been a funny case. That PR2 and a Lithion I used got cracks all over, very easily, but for some reason, I never found myself in trouble with the ends of the bike they were equipped on. Heard of the cracking issue to be common, and supposedly the PR3 "generation" of Michelins are past it.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see my response to your other post, both tires are 2010 vintage and I have had none of the issues that you've had. As I wrote I would be very hard pressed to tell the difference to having a new Rubino or a new Prorace3 on the rear. Both, for me, work very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts