Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poser, the wonderful little product I'm step parent to, does some wild things. Convincing David Hasselhoff to participate in a flashmob atop a double decker bus at Comic Con is one of them.

Don't hassle the Hoff

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
weltyed said:
i had a free version of something called poser back in 1996. is this the same thing? if so, its is much different.
If it did 3D humans, then yes. We've been around since '95. Back in 2000, CNN did a feature on the top pirated software applications, in the article Poser was third on the list, following Photoshop, and Quark. We estimate that it's been illegally installed on over 1,000,000 systems. I'll take a check for that 96 version you had. Need an address?

:D

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
thinkcooper said:
We estimate that it's been illegally installed on over 1,000,000 systems.
At least one of those was mine. Waaay back in the day. HTH.

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
Pretty sure I had a copy of Poser as well...didn't really play with it much though.

Check's in the mail Coop..I promise.

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
Poser! I remember that. I used to be a graphic designer instead of an IT person.

Someone 3.5 jobs ago had that installed on their PC in the graphic design department and it would literally reduce the machine to its knees, like it needed extreme horsepower to do its thing.

It was cool, but it was like the software was ahead of its time and needed cpus that didn't exist yet to do its thing.

So what type of machine does it work best on now?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aliensporebomb said:
So what type of machine does it work best on now?
We recommend computers. :thumbsup:

:D Any modern dual or quad processor multi-core M/W with 4GB of RAM will sail on it. A decent OpenGL video card helps speed up display. And storage for all the content is a good thing. My system at work is a one year old Dell quad proc. dual core with 16GB RAM running 64bit Win 7. It's nice to see all 8 cores pegged when running a rendering with Global Illumination. Some of our high-end animators use networked computers to create a distributed rendering system.

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,111 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Pirates, all of ya. Sheesh. Karma's gonna get ya. :devil:

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i was in college and had a few zip disks with, what i guess was, the top three pirated software apps. poser was cool, but i never really had any practicle application for it. we played around with it and thought, "wow, this stuff will be really cool in a few years." back then it was just green line graphics on black background, iirc.

was that dancing baby done with your stuff?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts