Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the real answer is BOTH, but with an 8 month old daughter and a wife who has put up with my Triathlon and Bike racing this spring/summer, which race would you do for a weekend Race/family trip??

and if you care to give and opinion Why??

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
As one of the Providence crew....I'd say ...flip a coin.
And if you're making it a family weekend,,,here's the pros for both ( there are no cons!)

Providence: Interbike East...see the new stuff
There is a Zoo on the park grounds.( usually a pumpkin fest going on )
Providence is a cool city
Great course.

Gloucester: great venue on the ocean.
Short walk along the ocean to town
Gloucester is a cool city
Great course

Tasty beer tents at both
Really impress the family and stay for the week and hit both

·
Registered
679 Posts
I don't wanna hijack the thread. But what weekend is interbike east this year?

OP. My vote is providence. If for no other reason than interbike. Tons of stuff for the family in the area.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Both great races. For what it is worth, we've been to both with small children in tow. My wife found the whole InterBike East thing, with it's fencing and security and fee and wrist bands a big hassle with two small kids.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Which one is closer to you? Both are good venues and you could find benefits to each. The fences and added security of Providence could be a benefit with small kids, while Gloucester in general may be a nicer environment (Roger Williams park is decent though). For a weekend event you'll have a lot more options for everything in Prov. Racing wise I "think" i like the course layout better at Gloucester but I had my best place finish ever at Prov last year.

It's a coin toss. Consider the total cost and ask your wife which place she would rather spend her time...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, I checked with the wife last night and it was 100% Providence, it helped that she also lived there after college, so she knows the area a little. I am in Southern CT (Norwalk) so i would think the Providence race is closer.

thanks again for the reply's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts