Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience or opinions about the quality or build of these two builders. I only need a rear wheel and priced a custom build on Prowheelbuilder site for a H+Son Archetype 32 spoke 3x with a Bitex Road Hub and Sapim Race spokes and nipples. For about 210.00. The Velo Mine were on Ebay(Not sure how they were built) and were 329.00 for a set of H+Son Archetype 32 spoke with Shimano 6800 Hubs and Dt Swiss Comp Spokes and nipples.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had a wheel set built by Velomine five years ago and haven't had any issues. OP's laced 3x to Records with DT Comps and brass nipples. I found them very accessible and helpful during the build process and, again, the wheels are still rolling nicely. They're my bad road/weather wheels.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews on both of these vendors. At worst, if the build is sloppy, stress relieving will be inadequate and they will go out of true. If that happens, you can always have your bike shop correct the problem.....for a small fee of course.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Velomine built me a set of Hed/Ck wheels 2 years ago. Easy to deal with during the build process. Answered all emails and phone calls before and after promptly. Wheels arrived when they said they would and have been trouble free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts