Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building up my new ride, I realized how bad my stand has become. Looking around, the design of the fork mount stands seems to be a good idea.

For those of you that have it, are you happy with it? Does it work as well with a 30lb trailbike as well as the lightweight road bike? As I spray it down with muck and crap regularly cleaning my mountain bike, will it survive this sort of behavior?

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
snowbound said:
Building up my new ride, I realized how bad my stand has become. Looking around, the design of the fork mount stands seems to be a good idea.

For those of you that have it, are you happy with it? Does it work as well with a 30lb trailbike as well as the lightweight road bike? As I spray it down with muck and crap regularly cleaning my mountain bike, will it survive this sort of behavior?
I have one, and I like it. Works well, no worries about it crushing tubing, which is why I got it. I've only used it with roadbikes, so I dono how it would work with those other things. I have used a cross bike on it, and it worked fine. I really like it.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
You might do a search here, too. There have been several threads about the pros and cons of that particular stand. If you do the search, you'll see my opinions which really come down to liking the stand a lot, though it has a couple of downsides (minor, in my opinion).

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
snowbound said:

I have one and the only bike that won't fit is my son's bmx bike due to the fork dropout width. The stand is made with chrome and powdercoated parts so using it to wash down your bike shouldn't be a problem. I have had my Fisher 29r in it several times and I can put my fendered commuter in it as well if I release the breakaway front fender. It is a great product with a well thought out design. The fact that the quick release skewer is a long throw (no tinkering to get it around lawyer tabs) really makes it easy to get a bike mounted. Most of the time I don't even strap the bb in place.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Real good most of the time

I have a PRS-20 and like it alot.

However, there are times when it would be more convenient have the bike clamped by the seat post -- then you're gotta luck with the PRS-20. I've still got my old stand and use it for those rare occasions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts