Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A C50 at retail now costs $4900. Just want everyone to know. They were around $4000 a year ago and I've seen several incremental increases over the past year.

Anyone want to bet the price will drop when the dollar strengthens? :rolleyes:

I can't seem to find any other bike manufacturers who raise prices at will throughout a season. What gives with Colnago?

·
Registered
199 Posts
varian72 said:
A C50 at retail now costs $4900. Just want everyone to know. They were around $4000 a year ago and I've seen several incremental increases over the past year.

Anyone want to bet the price will drop when the dollar strengthens? :rolleyes:

I can't seem to find any other bike manufacturers who raise prices at will throughout a season. What gives with Colnago?
The Euro has gained 20%+ on the dollar, so the same frame costs the distributer more, selling it for the same price doesn't make any financial sense.
The dollar a year ago: 1.35.
Today, 1.57,

If the dollar strengthens I'll bet the prices slide in line, same as they're doing now.
At least the C50 is made in Italy, $5k in some other companies buys you Chinese construction.

·
Registered
173 Posts
BikeNerd2453 said:
The Euro has gained 20%+ on the dollar, so the same frame costs the distributer more, selling it for the same price doesn't make any financial sense.
The dollar a year ago: 1.35.
Today, 1.57,

If the dollar strengthens I'll bet the prices slide in line, same as they're doing now.
At least the C50 is made in Italy, $5k in some other companies buys you Chinese construction.
You would hope they would drop the price if the dollar gains on the Euro.

What's the story with the competitive cyclist banner on this page? Why would someone pay $1000 for a used Chorus group when you can buy a new one with a three year warranty for under $1200? You can't get it from them for this price, but several dealers have this group for $1195

·
Registered
66 Posts
Euro - Dollar is up 17% at present! Fuel & Fuel surchages, Carbon (a oil based product) has also gone up - Specialized has increased their princing with 15%...and no one is commenting! Expect a 15 - 20% increase for the comming seson!! My take on this!

·
Banned
270 Posts
Cyclingisalive said:
And....$5000 for a Chinese build Pinarello Price or $4900 for a 100% Italian made C50 (Extreme Power; Extreme C; Master X Light; Dream HX; Strada are ALSO a 100% Italian made).....now that is a difficult question!

That Asia thing is getting really old . I have 3 bikes , two of them are 100% Italian made . It doesn't make either of them a better ride or better made as a Prince . And if you don't think a Prince is an amazing frame , U R AN IDIOT . And not just the prince or higher end frames . The middle range frames are not melting under riders either . Is an under educated asian factory worker less skilled then an under educated Italian factory worker ?

I have no problem with a person that would only buy an Italian frame or American etc . Thats fine . But the asian bike line is so old and so unfounded ..

PS: I just bought a Colnago , and I'm far from blown away ...

that is all

·
Registered
173 Posts
Larbor and material are far more expensive in Europe comparied to the far east. A $5000 Colnago is a "better value" for the money compared to an Asian made Prince. It cost more to produce a Colnago vs. any Asian made product. I would bet money on this. Don't get you nose out of jont, I'm not saying a Prince isn't a good frame, but their production cost can't be compared to frames built in Europe.

PS. I doubt the factory workers at ATR are under educated. These people produce the , tubs,parts, etc. for Ferrari's F1 team. Serious business... A little more complicated than building carbon tubes for a bike frame.. Not saying the Asian guys can't build a bike frame, but your comparing apples to watermelons

·
Registered
66 Posts
Prince is a great frame - no doubt! But it has nothing Italiann to it - apart from the name! I wonder if it had a different name it would have the success?
Production in Taiwan is top notch -
I wish that it was made official by all were the frame is made - then you as a consure will make your decision on what you like and want to purchase and support - American, Italian or Taiwan products.

·
Banned
270 Posts
Richieg said:
Larbor and material are far more expensive in Europe comparied to the far east. A $5000 Colnago is a "better value" for the money compared to an Asian made Prince. It cost more to produce a Colnago vs. any Asian made product. I would bet money on this. Don't get you nose out of jont, I'm not saying a Prince isn't a good frame, but their production cost can't be comparied to frames built in Europe.

PS. I doubt the factory workers at ATR are under educated. These people produce the , tubs,parts, etc. for Ferrari's F1 team. Serious business... A little more complicated than building carbon tubes for a bike frame.. Not saying the Asian guys can't build a bike frame, but your comparing apples to watermelons
Get one thing straight , someone laying carbon in the colnago factory or any other factory are one step above grape picker.... don't compare a Ferrari to a bike
, clown.. Now my nose is bent out of shape .. That fact it was mentioned is nutz .

What u pay is the bottom line . Not what it cost to make . Value is perception at best .And if you think the quality isn't almost identical is funny. Very funny ..

PS: don't get confused by my name . I don't even own one anymore . The Prince is blowing away every reviewer and owner for a reason . I doubt any of them care where it's built....

·
Banned
270 Posts
Cyclingisalive said:
Prince is a great frame - no doubt! But it has nothing Italiann to it - apart from the name! I wonder if it had a different name it would have the success?
Production in Taiwan is top notch -
I wish that it was made official by all were the frame is made - then you as a consure will make your decision on what you like and want to purchase and support - American, Italian or Taiwan products.
It is official , we know where the bikes are made . I didn't realize your an Italian nationalist...

I'ts amazing how millions of DeRosa, Pinarello, etc owners are being ripped off and letting them get away with it... They all deserve a rebate check ....

·
Registered
66 Posts
DeRosa is actually assembled in Italy! I am as much an Italian Nationalist as you are Taiwanese Nationalist - And you are right ALL Pinarello owners should receive a BIG rebate check...especially knowing that the production cost of the Prince....under a $1000 USD...

·
Registered
173 Posts
PinarelloFan said:
Get one thing straight , someone laying carbon in the colnago factory or any other factory are one step above grape picker.... don't compare a Ferrari to a bike
, clown.. Now my nose is bent out of shape .. That fact it was mentioned is nutz .

What u pay is the bottom line . Not what it cost to make . Value is perception at best .And if you think the quality isn't almost identical is funny. Very funny ..

PS: don't get confused by my name . I don't even own one anymore . The Prince is blowing away every reviewer and owner for a reason . I doubt any of them care where it's built....

I never compared a Ferrari to a bike frame. I said ATR builds parts for both Colnago and Ferrari's F1 team. Like I said, building F1 race cars is far more complicated.... My good friend has a 430, 599 and a 360 Stadale. Trust me, their better than a bike frame... Even the Prince.

I never said the workers building carbon frames aren't skilled, you did.. You mentioned some are "under educated" Did you not?

I don't think you really understand what this thread is about..... If I recall, it's about the rising Euro and the rising cost of European products.. Your maiking it a pissing contest... European vs. China... Give a rest, "U get it cuz"

·
Banned
270 Posts
Cyclingisalive said:
DeRosa is actually assembled in Italy! I am as much an Italian Nationalist as you are Taiwanese Nationalist - And you are right ALL Pinarello owners should receive a BIG rebate check...especially knowing that the production cost of the Prince....under a $1000 USD...

I'll guess a Ex Power , C50 , King X etc. are not much more . But it's a guess , just like yours ...

And don't kid youself , Colnago started to outsource already . I'm sure there is more to come :thumbsup:

I guess vittoria tires are a joke too ..

·
Banned
270 Posts
Richieg said:
I don't think you really understand what this thread is about..... If I recall, it's about the rising Euro and the rising cost of European products.. Your maiking it a pissing contest... European vs. China... Give a rest, "U get it cuz"

No CUZ , Colnago raised their prices not all Italian builders . That was the OP's point . The bozo's like you started the Asian card joke... CUZ

·
Registered
173 Posts
Never said Asian frames aren't good.. You really should learn how to read. Colnago isn't the only European brand to raise prices. Time had a big price jump and I think Campy raised prices too. I can assure you other brands will follow as well...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.