Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recentley purchased PT pro model. I am getting very unreliable Heart Rate readings from it. Seems accurate at the beggining then I look down and it will read 220 or somewhere near there. Any ideas on what could be causing this???

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've noticed when I'm around electrical lines,I lose the signal often.
Do you wet the strap before putting it on?
Just a couple of ideas.
Hope you get it straightened out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
As another poster noted, the strap must be wet. Except on very warm days, water and sweat won't do it for me (I do wear a moisture wicking base layer). I just slap some Lubriderm lotion on the back of the strap at the contacts when I put it on. Now the readings I get seem very consistent and reliable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always start out with the strap wet, maybe it's drying off too quick. I will try the lotion trick and see if that helps.
Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Mr. Finn said:
I have a recentley purchased PT pro model. I am getting very unreliable Heart Rate readings from it. Seems accurate at the beggining then I look down and it will read 220 or somewhere near there. Any ideas on what could be causing this???
The PT Pro does not have a coded strap, so the CPU can pick up others' HR transmitters. I also think it is more apt to pick up interference from overhead electrical cables or electronic equipment.

I have a PT Pro on the bike I keep on my old Velodyne trainer. I had problems with it too. I ended up upgrading to a coded transmitter and CPU. The cost was $219, and Saris gave me a $100 credit for trading in my old CPU and transmitter. The new coded one is much more reliable and works much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts