Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following arrived in my e-mail this morning. I have been sending stuff out with some persistence for the past couple of weeks. It's a small, and new, publication, but it's (electronic) ink. It's a good day.
:thumbsup:

Dave!
It's my very great pleasure to inform you that we would be happy to accept both of these stellar pieces for the April 9th issue of The Legendary.
Thank you for your submissions. We hope to read more in the future.
Cheers!
Katie Moore

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184" cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND: blue; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; WIDTH: 3.75pt; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8" width=5>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">A librarian by training, a cook by necessity, and a itinerant athlete by coincidence. I have met the devil a couple of times and come away from it with no more than a few bad habits and a prescription. I am fond of whiskey, hound dogs, and pork. I have lived in Virginia for 225 years.

Thanks for looking at these

Dave

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Wow, congrats! What sort of things are you getting in the magazine? Articles? Poetry? What?!?

//may have missed an earlier thread

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bikeboy389 said:
Wow, congrats! What sort of things are you getting in the magazine? Articles? Poetry? What?!?

//may have missed an earlier thread
Two poems
one about I-95, the other about plastic bags.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
That is seriously awesome news.

Three cheers!

A great day indeed. Please post a link when it's permissible. I'd love to read them. Judging by your "introductory note" alone, my guess is that it's good stuff!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Sweeet

I just finally got the check for an article I wrote back in the fall.....

Also, do you want to finish one of mine....anyone???

F*CK, why do I do this to myself....

1. TIA Management Update (In review process)
2. Spinal Cord Injuries: Comprehensive Reveiw
3. Utilization and Deployment of PA's and NP's at Mayo Clinic
4. Optimal Utilization of Midlevel Provider in a Reformed Healthcare System.

Please Dave...help me.....OEH, anyone???

Seriously bro, that is tres cool. I can write scientific articles, but to write creatively is an entirely different animal, and I think I am far too left brained for that.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
physasst said:
I just finally got the check for an article I wrote back in the fall.....

You start a lot of articles.

Thanks!

·
gazing from the shadows
27,285 Posts
physasst said:

Please Dave...help me.....OEH, anyone???
I could probably finish that one for you. What's your offer?

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
GTDave said:
You start a lot of articles.

Thanks!

Ha ha ha! Good one.

Phyz why do you do it to yourself? Classic overachiever. You need a to join an overachiever's anonymous group. :)

I could probably write up an article for you but the results might be terrifying.

However, back in college one of my profs gave us all semester to write two papers. "You need to start working on these now" she declared. After procrastinating the entire semester, I picked out my topics two days before the due date. I wrote both papers the night before the due date.

On the day she handed them all back she held up my papers in from of the room, stated I was the only one who truly understood how to write articles, and proceeded to ask my permission to copy them for reference in future classes.

I felt mildly guilty but pretty cool, too. :thumbsup:

Sometimes working under pressure can yield outstanding results. My guess is your papers will turn out beautifully.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
physasst said:
Also, do you want to finish one of mine....anyone???

F*CK, why do I do this to myself....

Wow. You need to find a more funner field to write for.

I just finished an article for Bike Magazine. They did a photo shoot at my house where I got to wear slippers, a child's apron, hang out in the garage, and use a hacksaw to slice energy bars. Your field = sucks. :wink5:

In other news: GTDave, serious congratulations! Make sure you get a zillion copies of the magazines and nonchalantly leave one on your coffee table, terlit tank, counter top, map pocket, etc. It takes a lot of balls/ovaries to send stuff out and face the potential of rejection, so you should celebrate your courage just as much as your success.

Get Uzzie to cook you a steak.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Awesome stuff. Wat till you see your name on the byline. Fewer better feelings in life.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
catzilla said:
Wow. You need to find a more funner field to write for.

I just finished an article for Bike Magazine. They did a photo shoot at my house where I got to wear slippers, a child's apron, hang out in the garage, and use a hacksaw to slice energy bars. Your field = sucks. :wink5:

In other news: GTDave, serious congratulations! Make sure you get a zillion copies of the magazines and nonchalantly leave one on your coffee table, terlit tank, counter top, map pocket, etc. It takes a lot of balls/ovaries to send stuff out and face the potential of rejection, so you should celebrate your courage just as much as your success.

Get Uzzie to cook you a steak.

A funner field??: I love writing about this stuff.

Especially the Spinal Cord Injuries, it's one of my favorite topics of discussion...just think about all the anatomy...

the lateral spinothalamic tract, anterior interomedial tract, the anterior corticospinal, and anterior spinothalamic tracts.....

Brown-sequard, anterior cord, central cord, conus medullaris, etc.etc.etc.

AHH, great stuff.....absolutely great stuff.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
catzilla said:
I just finished an article for Bike Magazine. They did a photo shoot at my house where I got to wear slippers, a child's apron, hang out in the garage, and use a bmxhacksaw to slice energy bars.
Fixed it.

Congrats Dave.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
nice work dave. i missed this thread before....

congrats

1 - 20 of 32 Posts