Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blackhat said:
at the risk of getting your thread moved, is that spokecard an <a href="http://obamaspoke.com/">Obama Spoke</a>? I ordered on last w/e but I'm not sure what wheel it's going on. I'm thinking the BOB.
yes the artist(?) was handing them out at a local L.A. spot last week. A friend picked one up for me, not sure if he paid for it or not.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I bought an electric air compressor recently because I was tired of paying for air at service stations. Plus, my daughter's car has a leak tire that keeps going flat before we make it to the station. It was a good investment because I can use it on all of the cars, bikes, etc. It pumps much slower than the one's at gas stations so is less likely to explode your tubes.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
No hand pump or bike shop en route?

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
The other stuff sold at a gas station is what motivates me. During the winter and early spring, my commute to work is in the dark. The first 11 miles of my commute is in rural darkness with two exceptions.

Exception one is a church with an extremely bright sign that in addition to ruining my night vision, gives me new reason each week why I will burn in hell if I don't attend their church. The upside is that I can see my watch and know how I am doing on the commute.

Exception two is a Union76Phillipsetc gas station. It is after one of the climbs and the climbing prices make me feel better about being on a deserted stretch of rural road at 5am.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
You must have had fun riding that thing up the hill to your house. Eff that hill.

joe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.