Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it sounds ludicrous, but I am having trouble getting air into my tires lately. I have a decent Blackburn pump that I've had for several yers and it always worked fine. It has the lever to clamp it on to the tube stem but when I start to push down on the handle I can't get it (the handle) to go down even if I put all my weight on it.

It feels as if there is a back pressure so I have to take the pump connector off, release some air from the tire, and then it will allow me to pump more air in. This never happened before and I'm wondering why it's happening all of a sudden? Usually, I have about 100 psi in the tires and pump it up to 110 [si.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
dasho said:
I know it sounds ludicrous, but I am having trouble getting air into my tires lately. I have a decent Blackburn pump that I've had for several yers and it always worked fine. It has the lever to clamp it on to the tube stem but when I start to push down on the handle I can't get it (the handle) to go down even if I put all my weight on it.

It feels as if there is a back pressure so I have to take the pump connector off, release some air from the tire, and then it will allow me to pump more air in. This never happened before and I'm wondering why it's happening all of a sudden? Usually, I have about 100 psi in the tires and pump it up to 110 [si.
Also, I have one tube where the presta will not release with less than an 85psi differential between the pump and the tube (even with a short release). Since my pump won't go to 185, I have to let air out before I can pump it up. - TF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.