Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been racing mountain bikes for about 5 years now and have been decently successful, occasionally winning races. As of now I am 17, will be racing for the University of Florida in the fall, and have never owned a road bike. I was hoping to get into road biking as training and possibly racing. I have an offer of 1800 USD for an brand new '05 Specialized Allez Comp Double, down from $2400 retail. I test rode the bike and loved it. It seems like a great deal but I just want to be sure about it. Will this bike fit my needs? Is it too much bike for the purpose? All the components are as listed on the Specialized site, namely Dura Ace and Ultegra. However, the wheels were changed from the Mavics to something else. One of the shop workers said they were lighter than the Mavics and just as good. I can't recall what they are called but they felt great on the test ride. Otherwise, nothing at all is wrong with the bike. Thanks for all your time and help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.