Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heartratemonitorman.com

You'll have to call in for their price. On the site it lists for $289, but trust me, they will sell it for MUCH lower than that. Ask for Peter. He is an incredibly nice guy and bent over backwards to meet my needs. Free shipping also. His price was lower than I could get on ebay. They are a fully authorized Polar dealer.

Just thought I'd pass this along...

Anyway I can't wait to try the 720i out - full on techie-boy-bike-geekdom, here I come!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Congratulations....

Wayne77 said:
Heartratemonitorman.com

You'll have to call in for their price. On the site it lists for $289, but trust me, they will sell it for MUCH lower than that. Ask for Peter. He is an incredibly nice guy and bent over backwards to meet my needs. Free shipping also. His price was lower than I could get on ebay. They are a fully authorized Polar dealer.

Just thought I'd pass this along...

Anyway I can't wait to try the 720i out - full on techie-boy-bike-geekdom, here I come!
I think you made the right choice. Be sure and post some of your workouts on the board!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got mine today, too !!

Got it off ebay from probikeshop for $259 including USB IR interface, but not including the $12 for shipping. Total shipped Postal Priority was $271.

·
Registered
385 Posts
good choice. I've really enjoyed mine. Electronic gadget meets cycling. A perfect marriage. Logging the data with the Polar SW is a great way to stay motivated.

Here's today's trainer session for me . . . Post some of yours when you're up and running.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to mention price

I got it for $230 including shipping.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do.

Thanks! Will do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet!

Wow, I didn't know the output was so comprehensive! That's a great workout. I'd love to have the power option but I'll have to wait. Was this a pre-programmed workout or did you set it up yourself? I can't wait to graph out Altitude along with HR, Cadence, etc on one of my canyon rides here in SLC. It'll be fun to try to find an optimal cadence for different grades, etc. I heard that one can output it to Excel as well, I might be able to use some of the statistical stuff I've been learning in grad school to make some interesting calculations. Yes, I know some of you are rolling your eyes right now..But Ive always been a geek when it comes to techno-whiz-bang-gadgetry stuff. I just showed my wife the graph you posted and all she heard was "blah-blah-blah, blah, blah-blah, blah-blah-blah, pretty coool huh?" Then she walks out shaking her head...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wayne77 said:
Wow, I didn't know the output was so comprehensive! That's a great workout. I'd love to have the power option but I'll have to wait. Was this a pre-programmed workout or did you set it up yourself? I can't wait to graph out Altitude along with HR, Cadence, etc on one of my canyon rides here in SLC. It'll be fun to try to find an optimal cadence for different grades, etc. I heard that one can output it to Excel as well, I might be able to use some of the statistical stuff I've been learning in grad school to make some interesting calculations. Yes, I know some of you are rolling your eyes right now..But Ive always been a geek when it comes to techno-whiz-bang-gadgetry stuff. I just showed my wife the graph you posted and all she heard was "blah-blah-blah, blah, blah-blah, blah-blah-blah, pretty coool huh?" Then she walks out shaking her head...
It's just my usual spin on the fulid trainer. One hour with 5 intervals of 45 sec each. I just started adding the intervals. They wipe me out.

One cool thing about the power option is that you can just add it anytime. So add it when you're ready. You will learn a lot from the other data.

Lots of folks export the raw data then run stat analysis on it. But I haven't done that yet. Here's an example of what someone did to compare the three popular power meters. http://mywebpage.netscape.com/rechung/wattage/rosetta/rosetta_details.html

I live in SLC, too. Actually, Bountiful. I work downtown. I wanted to get out today but felt it was just a little too wet and cold. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather next week.

I'll see you on the road. Enjoy your new toy.

·
HomeBrew Master
191 Posts
12x23 said:
Got it off ebay from probikeshop for $259 including USB IR interface, but not including the $12 for shipping. Total shipped Postal Priority was $271.
I just got mine through Probikeshop as well. $271 with USB IR interface and shipping! >>> Great deal!! Great Product!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info

Layton for me, work downtown SLC also. This is the first weekend I've felt like I could get out on the road. Beautiful weather. I've also got a fluid trainer and will put the 720 to good use...

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts