Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I recently bought a Supersix and had to send it back to get it fixed because there was something wrong with the frame. Now I'm wondering whether or not I should even get a new frame or if I should just get a whole different bike. I was wondering if I could get some insight on people who've ridden the Supersix. Is it worth getting a new frame or should I get a completely different bike? I haven't ridden the SuperSix so I don't know what the ride feels like but I would like to get some insight on people that have.

Thank you

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a SuperSix with full DuraAce and love it. I've put almost 6K miles on the bike. It's stiff, climbs like a scalded cat, but is comfortable over rough pavement. IMHO, you should stick with the SS.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cycling in Spain said:
Hey everyone

I recently bought a Supersix and had to send it back to get it fixed because there was something wrong with the frame. Now I'm wondering whether or not I should even get a new frame or if I should just get a whole different bike. I was wondering if I could get some insight on people who've ridden the Supersix. Is it worth getting a new frame or should I get a completely different bike? I haven't ridden the SuperSix so I don't know what the ride feels like but I would like to get some insight on people that have.

Thank you

OK.. here is the question: what's wrong with your frame ? what happened ? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tissot said:
OK.. here is the question: what's wrong with your frame ? what happened ? :)
I worked at bike shop and I got the EP price on the bike and apparently when you buy a bike EP they don't always send a bike in perfect condition. Since I'm 6' 3'' I need a 63cm frame, and the frame they sent me is slightly smaller and doesn't fit me as I'd like it to

·
Naso Unicornis
907 Posts
You purchased the bike without ever riding it? That's a dangerous proposal. Regardless of the bike's performance, if it doesn't fit, you won't enjoy the ride.

If by chance it fits, the Super Six will not disappoint you. It has such predictable and stable handling. It accelerates very quickly (absolutely no bottom bracket flex) and is so comfortable. It's lively like my CAAD4 but is absolutely far more comfortable. I've test ridden the Six13, System Six and Synapse. The Super in my humble opinion provides a superior ride. Mind you there's a fair heft of bias in my opinion since I own one.

CHL

·
Registered
15 Posts
Supersix 3

I too am a Supersix owner. After a year of indecision and justification, one week ago I bought a Supersix 3. My basis for comparison is my 5 year old CAAD7. In every way the Super is a better bike (except maybe for carbon crank). I bought retail from LBS and value a frame warranty, but came close to buying a Super off eBay more than once. If you appreciate the ride of a Cannondale, this frame’s combo of power transfer with a comfortable ride are not over-hyped. No regrets here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm very happy with my s6 as well. After owning it for 1 month now, I put in over 500 miles to it. The s6 is faster (1 mph average speed over 100 miles) over my synapse, stiffer, lighter, more efficient and no flex that I can detect going over mountain climbs here in Kitsap County.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Cycling in Spain said:
I worked at bike shop and I got the EP price on the bike and apparently when you buy a bike EP they don't always send a bike in perfect condition. Since I'm 6' 3'' I need a 63cm frame, and the frame they sent me is slightly smaller and doesn't fit me as I'd like it to

It sounds to big. I'm 6'1", and ride a 58cm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.