Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got to take my new bike out on Sunday.

Funny thing about where I live is you can see the lake from pretty much everywhere, and if it's not the lake it's the mountains.

Eventually, all roads lead DOWN to the lake.

Sadly, if the roads lead down to the lake, that means at some point you have to come back UP!

I had a good time with this bike and in spite of the fact that it's an archaic heavy steel bicycle, it even goes up the hills pretty well ( which is remarkeable given the really poor engine).

The vineyards are looking good, which is a facet of the extraordinary amount of rain so far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sadly, the tikky, takky little boxes keep springing up. The non-stop march up the side of one of my favourite hills.

I'm going to have to scout out other places for my fav routes.

To get home from here, I have to get through Tikky, Takky land and up the side of that far hill to the centre right.

I got home just about the time the rain started.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Is that Lake Okanogan. Looks like Penticton area great area loved during Ironman canada back in 85or was it 87?? too long ago.
You gotta give me some ride routes for the Omak area I usally head up the 155. Would like to find some different rides in that area when I'm up there.
Thanks

Ray Still

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
I hate suburbia (given, I'm one of the idiots owning a suburban home :(). It's wiped out both my favorite mountain bike trails and adds to a lot of dangerous traffic.

I do like the lake though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ridgetop said:
I hate suburbia (given, I'm one of the idiots owning a suburban home :(). It's wiped out both my favorite mountain bike trails and adds to a lot of dangerous traffic.

I do like the lake though.
Tikky-Takky-Land is the area that was wiped clean by the forest fires in 2003.

Before the forest could re-generate the city swooped in and started issuing building permits.

There are now thousands of matchboxes on that land, sad, I often wonder what happens in early summer when it gets hot out and the rattlesnakes appear.

All of that area used to be beautiful gravel roads and trails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.