Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone near the Quad Cities want to get together for a group ride? I will be in Rock Island in June (5th-7th). I grew up in the area but I've never had my bike with me when I go back. Most of my mornings are available for a good 2-3hr ride. I was thinking of riding to Muscatine on 92 but I don't know if that's even a good route. I'm also accepting route suggestions if nobody wants to ride with a stranger from the interweb. :D

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
This may be do-able for me. I gots family in the QCs and could go up and see them and maybe go out for a quick spin. Keep me posted on your travel plans.

PS I m only about 50 min away from the QCs

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deastin said:
This may be do-able for me. I gots family in the QCs and could go up and see them and maybe go out for a quick spin. Keep me posted on your travel plans.

PS I m only about 50 min away from the QCs
Where do you live? Bton?

·
720 Posts
Bulldozer said:
Where do you live? Bton?

Burlington it is! Or you could have just looked at my FB profile...........:p
I ve ridden that highway into Musctine from the south, its a pretty car free route that direction. I cant speak of going S out of Dport however. My best guess would be heavy traffic in spots.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That route to Muscatine is on the Illinois side.

·
720 Posts
weltyed said:
doh! i wont be in the qc that weekend. i avoid going back when i can.

where you guys from?
davenport central, class o 92 here.

Burlington, Notre Dame. Class of 2000.
Yup I m a youngin'

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moline '91

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone want to get together and ride?

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
weltyed said:
sorry, man. im helping out a friend at a triathlon in lake geneva that weekend. i am there this weekend, sans road bike.
Quad Cities with not even a bike can't be too much fun. :D

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Bulldozer said:
Quad Cities with not even a bike can't be too much fun. :D
i have an old singlespeed conversion rockhopper at my parents house. not sure i will even get time away to ride that. i usually get to ride it in teh morning and get donuts. funny how long it takes me to do that...
but this weekend we are staying at the inlaws place. the only bikes there are The Wife and her sisters old columbia crusiers. banana seat and butterfly handlebars. i have rotated the handlebars pretty far foreward. i always pump up the rotted tires and ride around all "big pimpin" style. i do this so they leave me alone.

i do hope to catch some of the criterium.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone ride a bike in the QC?

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be a sucker bet to spank a new guy or gal. Old and current riders that race 24+ Here's 20K tt results

The conditions were perfect Sunday for a potential course record. And we got one!! With a time of 29:21.84 and a speed of 25.39 mph, Debbie Dust, of the PACT/Dish Network team, from Chicago, blistered Diane Roanhaus', of Rock Valley Oil, from Franklin, WI, previous best time from 2007 by 1 minute and 8.06 seconds. Very nice ride Debbie! The men's winner for the '09 edition of the 20K, a new force in time trials from Muscatine, IA and the Harper's/Melon City team was Chad Bishop with our second time under 26 minutes. His time of 25:55.53 and a speed of 28.76 mph is second over all to Bryce Mead, of Jelly Belly, and Sterling, IL, in 2008 to a time of 25:18.42 and a speed of 29.47 mph. Our women's QCBC winner was Laurel Darren, Moline, IL for her first ever bicycle time trial with a winning time of 36:59.08 and a speed of 20.16 mph. Awesome job from one of the QC area's premier female marathon and ultra distance runners, who by the way is training for her first ever-full Ironman later this summer, Good Luck Laurel! The men's winner, the current Quad Cities Bicycle Club President, John Harrington won with a winning time of 30:32.19 and a speed of 24.14 mph, who rode a great ride, and then decided to take advantage of the great weather and some company from the DICE Team, and rode home to Bettendorf, IA from the Barstow course. With the results below, we try to do the best we can but sometimes there are mistakes, and if there are any, I apologize. If one was made with your results, please e-mail me offline and let me know what needs to be changed and I will make the changes. Also, if you should have received a medal, or received the wrong one, please let me know and I will get you a new plate if you have a medal or a new medal and plate if you didn't receive one.

Results

Donnie Miller

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I thought might be the case. 16-18 is not fast-paced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts