Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for my first quality (non-WM) floor pump. I've searched here as well as looked at numerous reviews for the floor pumps under $40. It seems like all of them have a problem when it comes to inflating (either getting a good seal is the problem, cheap materials make inflating difficult, etc.) presta valve tires.

Can anyone recommend a quality floor pump for under $40 that works equally well with Presta and Schrader valves?

Thanks.

TripleB

·
9,790 Posts
Serfas.

Don't spend "less than $40". Spend $45 (unless you can find a sale) on a Serfas FP-200. I use one in the shop.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm looking for my first quality (non-WM) floor pump. I've searched here as well as looked at numerous reviews for the floor pumps under $40. It seems like all of them have a problem when it comes to inflating (either getting a good seal is the problem, cheap materials make inflating difficult, etc.) presta valve tires.

Can anyone recommend a quality floor pump for under $40 that works equally well with Presta and Schrader valves?

Thanks.

TripleB
The Topeak Joe Blow Sport II

Amazon.com: Topeak Joe Blow Sport II Floor Pump: Sports & Outdoors

I was and continue to be impressed by it, and it's value for money.

·
Noob
107 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got no good information except that the bulk of pumps that I've used in the past have a pretty sketchy pressure gauge. You may pick up a stand alone gauge to have peace of mind. I know sometimes they are off a good bit. The ones on the pumps that is. That is just my very limited experience and I'm new so take that with a grain of salt.

·
Burnum Upus Quadricepus
2,017 Posts
My LBS had Giant brand flood pumps so I've been using the Control Tower 1 with no complaints for the last year and a half.

Control Tower 1 Floor Pump (Inflation) - Service Gear | Giant Bicycles | Canada
+1 on the Giant Control Tower.

I bought one as a newbie in 2006. Made all the newbie mistakes with it, and it it still lasted six years. I went to the dealer to see about a new head or seal kit. He said, "Quit bustin' my stuff" and handed me a new one off the shelf, later explaining that it has a lifetime warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.