Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of buying my first road bike. I found a Quattro Assi Team 2000 and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this brand. This bike was used by a professional cyclist who is now selling the bike. The sale price is around $450...is that a good deal. The bike comes with aluminum frame, carbon fork and seat post. I believe it has Shimano components and clipless pedals....how much is this bike worth? any feedback is greatly appreciated...im trying to get in the sport...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I've never heard of that brand. My suggestion is to Google it & see what you can find out.

·
Colorado Springs, CO
631 Posts
mpagon4 said:
I'm in the process of buying my first road bike. I found a Quattro Assi Team 2000 and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with this brand. This bike was used by a professional cyclist who is now selling the bike. The sale price is around $450...is that a good deal. The bike comes with aluminum frame, carbon fork and seat post. I believe it has Shimano components and clipless pedals....how much is this bike worth? any feedback is greatly appreciated...im trying to get in the sport...

Looks like these guys just do frames -- and frames are about $1000 from this web site:

http://www.quattroassicycles.com/index.html

Looks like a good bike. For $450 plus a going through by your LBS to dial it into you and adjust everything I think it is a good deal. Since you are just beginning, you'll know better after a year what you want and will probably be looking at getting another bike anyway. Since this bike has been ridden quite a bit, I'd be certain to get the wheels (trued) & hubs serviced on wheels (i.e., new bearings). New cables, guides, bar tape, a new chain, and a good cleaning and you'd have a new bike!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what I checked out at first and notice they're frames start at $1000 so it must be a good design...I read some post it seems like this company is coming up in the racing world...another thing is I'm 5'5" and the bike is 54cm. I've test rode a 54cm and it wasn't too bad..is this too big for me?

·
Worker Ant
199 Posts
Quattro Assi's been around for awhile now. one of those small, quiet companies. it's tough to say if it's the right size for you. not all mfgr's make their bikes all the same, so a Colnago's 54cm isn't the same as a Trek's. if you can find the bikes measurements on their site, then try to find something similar with a bigger company and maybe you can ride that at your lbs. remember the stem may be a different length too. it's a good deal if it's a complete bike, but no sense spending $450 if it ends up not being the right size. then you'll have to sell it and just remember that if you haven't heard of the company then maybe others haven't either and you could be stuck with it. one basic and i mean basic way for a quick fit is to measure your leg inseam. if you can get the frame geometry, check to see what the standover height is. you would want to have about an inch clearance over the top tube. your top tube is a bit more important, if it's too long you'll be too stretched and that makes for one uncomfortable ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great feedback everyone! There is about an inch clearance from the top tube and I could pedal and feel comfortable...but it may be a different story once I go for long rides..I think I may hold off until I find a smaller size...what do you think?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
At 5'4", the frame is too big for you. That would make the top tube around 54-55cm, meaning that you would be too stretched out and not have enough standover clearence. You would be better served with a 48 or 49cm frame.

Ray

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've got two Quattro Assi bikes...

I love both of them. I've got a 1995 Quattro Assi Elite made with Easton Elite tubing and then I have this 2001 Quattro Assi Team made with Enduro tubing. That frame you show above is not one that I am familiar with but seems very similar to mine and I would say it probably dates to around the same time as my 2001 Team.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
at 5'4" that bike is way to big for you. I know we all differ in size. I am 5'6" and my frame is a 48CM with a 51.5 TT. $450 is a nice deal but not for your size. Good Luck with finding a nice bike. Post on what you decide....:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.