Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
Bolo Grubb said:
Are there any difference between the the Crank Bro pedals as far as cleats go? With any crank brother cleat work with any Crank brother pedal?
They all work together fine. The only real caveat is if using Quattro pedals and mtn shoes. The cleats work fine, but the shoe's treads can sometimes interfere with the pedal's inboard bearing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
no problems here... i run egg beaters on my commuter and quattros on my road bike... i've stuck with crank bros as i've never had any knee issues and i dont want to temp fate... as a mtn bike, i ran spd's and always had knee issues... get some strange looks sometimes having the eggs on a road bike, but hey, they work great...

and ditto to above, the quattro cleats have an attachemnt that will not work with mtn. shoes, i have the quattro cleats on my sidi genius, egg cleats on two other sets of shoes, and they all work fine with any pedal...

also, the cleat themselves are the same size for all of the pedals, as far as i know.. i have run mallets, quattros, candys and eggs, and shoes/cleats work with all...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I have four pair of MTB shoes with both types of CB cleats. All work. Some of the MTB shoes I had to grind down one lug to fit over the inboard bearing. I wouldn't use anything else.

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
I run quattro cleats on eggbeaters. The brass cleat and plastic surround of the quattro cleat have seen their fair share of abuse and my left foot is a touch unstable as a result, but the effect of the quattro cleat seems to hold with even with the body of the eggbeater pedal in increasing contact area.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just my 2cents, I've used Quattro cleats with candys, candy cleats with quattro, quattro cleats with eggbeaters,. All work fine. the Q cleats are made for more lateral adjustment, but no other issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.