Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
jcohen465 said:
What do you people think about the Jamis Ventura Elite? Is it good? Is it bad? Am I getting my moneys worth? And any other thoughts that you people might have about the bike.
Thanks
Josh
Jamis bikes have always been good bang for the buck, generally underrated IMHO.

BUT, make sure it fits you right!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
logbiter said:
Jamis bikes have always been good bang for the buck, generally underrated IMHO.

BUT, make sure it fits you right!!
This is very true. I have a Jamis mountain bike and a road bike and they are both nice rides.

At the range you are looking the components are nothing flashy,but that does not mean they are junk. Test ride it and a few others and if you like it, go for it.

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Entirely unsupported position: They're all about the same

I like Jamis--my son's owned a couple of them, and they've been fine for the money.
At a given price, though, at least until you get up to where the manufacturers have a lot of room to play around, my experience has been that all bikes are about the same. There are minor differences in geometry, and of course differences in graphics, but there's just not enough profit in that range (it's $1200-$1300, right?) for one maker to offer a vastly better bike than all the others. One may cut corners on the pedals, another on the headset, a third on the bottom bracket (a common place, because casual buyers don't notice), but if everybody's using 105 components and one guy offers Ultegra, he's got to be cutting costs somewhere else. If it fits and you like it, buy it, but it's not going to be WAY better than other bikes in the same range.
. .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.