Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Proud luddite
7,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some new pedals that take the LOOK Keo cleats, but up until now I've always used the LOOK Delta Red Arc cleats. I'll be switching over to the Keo cleats, but I'm wondering if there are differences between the two designs in terms of performance, longevity, etc. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
azpeterb said:
I just ordered some new pedals that take the LOOK Keo cleats, but up until now I've always used the LOOK Delta Red Arc cleats. I'll be switching over to the Keo cleats, but I'm wondering if there are differences between the two designs in terms of performance, longevity, etc. Any thoughts?
stack height is different, make sure take it into account before first ride.

·
Descender
1,940 Posts
Other than the above mentioned stack height - From what I understand the Delta's are bit longer lasting than the Keo's - good idea to invest in a set of cleat covers and use them whenever you are off the bike.
Keo's are a good system you just have to be aware of the cleat wear.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I switched from Deltas to Keos a few years ago. The Keos wear quickly when walked on. They're also as slippery as stepping on a bar of wet soap. Get the cleat covers immediately & use them whenever you're off the bike. I have cleat covers & use them religiously, and as a result my cleats last me a full year riding about 6,000 mi.

·
Registered
136 Posts
+1 on what has already been said about cleat covers. You can get them in combination with a set of replacement cleats. I'd add that the Keo grip cleats with rubber tread on them should be avoided. They don't feel as good riding, and the rubber peels away quickly.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Chexcaliber said:
+1 on what has already been said about cleat covers. You can get them in combination with a set of replacement cleats. I'd add that the Keo grip cleats with rubber tread on them should be avoided. They don't feel as good riding, and the rubber peels away quickly.
I'm not sure you can get them without the rubber grips on the bottom of the cleats. I don't like them either, so I pull them out with pliers. There...all better now.

·
Proud luddite
7,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. I use cleat covers religiously with the Delta Red Arc cleats so I ordered a set to go with the Keo cleats. The covers really do prolong the life of the cleats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts