Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Felt DA frame that I will build up with Campy Record. I can get a pretty good price on the Oval Concepts A921 Integrated Bars....the bars come with an Oval 710 adjustable reverse bolt stem (this set of bars REQUIRES the reverse bolt technology). I am under the impression that the stems that come stock on the DA are made by Oval Concepts, so I just want to be sure I can pop off the stock adjustable stem and throw on the stem that would come with the aerobars (because even though the stock stem may be Oval, it is a normally bolted stem, not reverse). Anyone with any experience with this?

· Registered
984 Posts
The Oval stem fits any standard 1 1/8" fork steerer and there is a 1" shim available. Look at the Oval Concepts website to understand the components used to build up your A921 barset.

The picture is my Aegis Zaero with Oval Concepts A921 Jetstream upgrade all carbon barset, R900 carbon RBT stem, A900 Jetstream TT fork, Oval Concepts Brakes, & R910 Aergo seatpost.

Jim

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response, but the Felt DA uses a proprietary "Bayonet" front end and does NOT use a regular stem that slides onto a steerer tube...I'm just trying to figure out if you can just remove the adjustable stem part of the front end and replace it with a reverse bolt Oval Support 710 adj. stem

· Registered
984 Posts
I sent a querry to Felt - let's see how long it takes for them to respond. It is interesting that Oval Concepts is a sponsor for Garmin-Chipotle and Felt uses pictures of the team on their website with Oval barsets.

· Registered
984 Posts
How about the looks of Christian Vande Velde's Felt DA with the Oval Concepts A911 bars? It looks like they used the Felt stem. All you need $3,500 and you don't need the RBT stem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.