Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
I would stick to a campy chain. IT seems like everyone if trying to cross manufactures these days but remember Shimano makes components for their drivetrains and campy does as well. They both have alot of pride for their groupos and do not mention that they are cross compatible. When chains break they usually do in ill opportune times so I would not recommend it. There should be ample availability for campy chains these days, good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Shimmy is even said to provide smoother shifting than campa! Here, in Germany, there are quite a lot of guys who drive this kind of mix.
A bit off-topic: I myself use 10s DA chain with 9s ultegra cassette and 9s chorus/record group. This has solved all the irritating-noise-issues that I had with my 9s chain (due to the difference of 0,2mm in the campa vs. shimmy sprocket spacing, chain occasionally touched the neighboured sprocket)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.