Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Tour coverage on OLN just 3 hour each day? We don't get OLN in the city I'm living in, but my parents get it. I'm going to have them record it for me and then get it to me after it is all over. I just needed to know if it is 3 hours a day so that I can let them know when to record. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
scfishy said:
Is the Tour coverage on OLN just 3 hour each day? We don't get OLN in the city I'm living in, but my parents get it. I'm going to have them record it for me and then get it to me after it is all over. I just needed to know if it is 3 hours a day so that I can let them know when to record. Thanks.
It varies everyday. Sometimes they run over too or short.

The mountain stages are like 4.5-5 hours.

http://ww2.olntv.com/tvlistings/default.asp?nm=2

·
Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
As bas says, it varies. Here's a link to a PDF of the complete schedule ...

http://www.olntv.com/img/Tour Schedule 3 29 06.pdf

... but as noted at the bottom of the page, it's subject to change. Some stages may run long, and in past years it was not unusual for them to start some of the mountains stages 30 to 60 minutes earlier than originally planned.

For the start time, if possible it's best to watch each day's stage on the day it runs and take note of what they announce for the next day's coverage. If you can't do that, set your VCR to start an hour early every day. And I always record an additional hour after the scheduled end time, in case a stage runs long.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
EricNM said:
As stated the live coverage in the morning can run over or under. If you parents don't want to deal with all of that, the evening show is edited to run in the allotted time.
I prefer the midday repeats which were edited to fit but don't have the added fluff and garbage ("expanded coverage") that gets put in the evening show.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sometimes the added stuff on the "expanded coverage" is good. You may get to see clips of stuff that happened earlier in the race than when the live coverage picked up, interviews after it stopped, etc. Since I have TiVo , I will probably record the live AND the expanded and then watch what I want.

We had houseguest during the tour a couple of years ago, and they were staggered by the fact that we watched the tour twice a day...not to mention I followed it on the internet while at work. Possibly overkill.

If I were the OP, I would definitely print out that sched from olntv.com and send it to my parents. Good luck. Last year I was out of town for the final weekend and the TiVo filled up (5 hour long mountian stages) and I missed a couple of days coverage. The horror.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.