Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 pinarello galileo 105 groupset . i will be coming up with another bike later on so i wanna take out the existing 105 and replace it with a campy centaur or chorus.

i wann know what kind of parts i need to get in a groupset like what kind of BB , rear and front DR size/braze or clamp on , etc.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Clarify

screwdriver said:
i have a 2006 pinarello galileo 105 groupset . i will be coming up with another bike later on so i wanna take out the existing 105 and replace it with a campy centaur or chorus.

i wann know what kind of parts i need to get in a groupset like what kind of BB , rear and front DR size/braze or clamp on , etc.
You are the one who owns the bike, so you are the one who knows whether it requires a clamp on or braze-on FD, you are the one who can measure the seat tube for derailleur clamp size, and you are the one who can look at your current BB and see whether it is English (1.370 x 24) or Italian (36 x 24). The BB style/type normally must match the specific crankset you're buying. Rear derailleur size is determined by what your cassette and chain ring sizes are. As a general rule, short cage derailleurs will work with nearly any double chainring setup, and most triples require a long cage RD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.