Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
the two boards will be side by side for a while...

...basically, we'll be mimicking what we did on MTBR.

-Soft launch the new software with new Manufacturer forums. This gives us a chance to work out the bugs, before the higher traffic hits. Get everyone registered and what not.

-Roll out the old forums in new version. During this period, there will be two General boards, two Cyclocross boards, etc...

-Then turn off posting to the old forums, set them as "read-only" archives, and then we'll be fully up and running on the new system.

D'ats da' plan.

-g

Dave Hickey said:
Is the plan to "pull the switch" on the old format and be automatically direct to this site or are the two going to run simultaneously for a while?

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
When is this all going to occur?

What's the time frame on this, Gregg? I wasn't sure how I would like it, but I'm likin it so far. (Except that I had to re-register) :mad:

·
cyclist
7,904 Posts
Cool avatar! Time Frame:

So time frame would be:

Launch Manufacturer forums on new software: Jan. 27

Launch Old boards on new software: Feb. 2 or 3

Side by side period for about a week.

Close posting to old forums: 'round Feb 9 or 10.

(I had a Husky/Malamute/Shepherd mix when I was a kid. Can't quite place your pup. Looks almost like a Chow/Husky mix)

Kram59 said:
What's the time frame on this, Gregg? I wasn't sure how I would like it, but I'm likin it so far. (Except that I had to re-register) :mad:

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Shiba-Inu.

gregg said:
So time frame would be:

Launch Manufacturer forums on new software: Jan. 27

Launch Old boards on new software: Feb. 2 or 3

Side by side period for about a week.

Close posting to old forums: 'round Feb 9 or 10.

(I had a Husky/Malamute/Shepherd mix when I was a kid. Can't quite place your pup. Looks almost like a Chow/Husky mix)
Japanes hunting dog. She's about 2 yrs now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.