Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you been satisfied with the finish on your bike? I have a few "artifacts" in my paint such as dirt. I can also see very clearly the mold lines under the paint on the top tube. Am I just being too sensitive? :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
paint problem?

I dont know about the dirt, but I had a 5900 that you could see the lug lines. Personally, I liked being able to see the lugs.

Sadly, I am not the owner of a madone...YET.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trek customer support

I can see the lug lines and I am fine with that. There just seems to be a lot of these "artifacts" in the paint. Trek customer support is pretty responsive and I have sent them photos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Contacted by Trek tech support regarding finish

I sent off my photos and after a few days got a response from the technical rep. IHe explained that the finish is just a tinted clearcoat and will show the lugs, and as he put it, "resin rich finish". I explained that it was teh divot in the headtube and the dirt on teh toptube that bothered. I am afraid that this is being steered towards me accepting that this is the way it is... I am okay with it, I just expected a better finish quality. I really do love the bike though, it is much faster than I am!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you are not satisified with the paint job, then take it back. You paid alot of money for the bike, you should be happy with it. I ordered a Project One Mountain Storm Madone, 5 weeks ago. Trek says that it won't be here until the last week in June. If its not right, it will go back.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts